No announcement yet.

thai cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stu at Green Baize is supposed to receive a new batch of TP soon (in a week or so). Plenty to look at
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
      Stu at Green Baize is supposed to receive a new batch of TP soon (in a week or so). Plenty to look at
      Yes I was there Saturday, also 80 leather cases arriving too, together with more GBL cues

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Yes I was there Saturday, also 80 leather cases arriving too, together with more GBL cues
        Cue po*n
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

makes me sad that this place is about 8hrs plus round trip !
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            makes me sad that this place is about 8hrs plus round trip !
            Around 30 minutes for me if a put my pedal to the metal

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Around 30 minutes for me if a put my pedal to the metal
              I think it would be 8+ if I put my foot down - of course never going over the speed limits!
              :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                I think it would be 8+ if I put my foot down - of course never going over the speed limits!
                :wink:
                It's probably a good thing being so far away, I'd probably spend more time there than the club if it were close

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                  It's probably a good thing being so far away, I'd probably spend more time there than the club if it were close
                  yes, well, there is that :biggrin:

Comment

I bought a Ton Praram cue from Green Baize and couldn't be more satisfied with it after approximately 80 hours of play. I live in Canada so obviously wasn't able to try any cues before purchasing. However I put my trust in Stu Green at GBL and he suggested Maximus or Praram which met my specifications (3/4; 18oz; 9.8 tip) . Based on comments on this forum I made the decision to buy the Praram (295 pounds) which arrived at my door 5 days (including a weekend) after ordering. I found Stu Green's service and attention to be absolutely top notch and recommend him to anyone looking to purchase a cue.

Comment

I bought an 3/4 Omin 'Climax' cue from Bangkok in Aug 2016 for about A$315, incl one short tele-extension and a 3/4 pseudo leather case. Went to the Omin factory next to the river. Picked out a cue from their rack, tried it, then told them what length and weight i wanted. They fixed it up in an hour. It plays well, no major issues with it. 56'', 18.5oz, 9.75mm blue diamond 'pressed' tip. Bargain. I also seen a few Maximus cues around at my snooker club, they look good too. I used to own a Parris Regal cue for about 20 years, and it got nicked. It was 57'', 20oz, 9.5mm...In retrospect too heavy for me. Happy with the Omin. Does the job.

Comment

Originally Posted by geohuang75 View Post
                        I bought an 3/4 Omin 'Climax' cue from Bangkok in Aug 2016 for about A$315, incl one short tele-extension and a 3/4 pseudo leather case. Went to the Omin factory next to the river. Picked out a cue from their rack, tried it, then told them what length and weight i wanted. They fixed it up in an hour. It plays well, no major issues with it. 56'', 18.5oz, 9.75mm blue diamond 'pressed' tip. Bargain. I also seen a few Maximus cues around at my snooker club, they look good too. I used to own a Parris Regal cue for about 20 years, and it got nicked. It was 57'', 20oz, 9.5mm...In retrospect too heavy for me. Happy with the Omin. Does the job.
                        Did you climax when you played with it? :highly_amused:

Sorry. I'm glad you have cue that you like.

Comment

10 times..LOL.. can't help that the Thais give their cues awkward names!!

Comment

I have owned a Gbl, adr 147 and now a niche cue, they are all excellent quality and you can't go wrong with most top Thai cue makers, although I still can't play like I did with my old Hunt and O'byrne, that I stupidly sold lol
                            I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X