Mastercue v maximus v ton praram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercue v maximus v ton praram

Right i am getting a new cue and have narrowed down to these 3 around the 190-230 price range which out of the 3 is best quality

Ton Praram

Comment

Go for a one piece if possible. Better chance of getting a nice hit at that price point. And try to stretch to the top end of 230, it will be better that the lower end and worth it. GBL have just got a bunch of TP cues in around that price so if you are quick you will have a great choice.
      Last edited by ghost121; 27 March 2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

If you can visit gbl to try, then that's your best option. I just got a niche 3/4 from gbl for 220 and can't fault it,only tried it for 45 min, but very nice indeed.
        So many decent cues at that price range, you are spoilt for choice. Good luck with your search!
        I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Yes ton praram at Gbl stu will sort you out top bloke he is and amazing set up try and go in
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Got all three in the flesh and yes, to me, Ton Praram as well.....
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

1. Ton Praram
              2. Maximus
              3. Phoenix
              4. GBL
              5. Master

Special Guest Appearance .ADR147 cues

Comment

i have tried all 3 at greenbaize..

i just couldn't get on with the finish on the maximus cues..

eventually i narrowed my search down to GBL c8, Ton praram maccasssar series 1, and master cue plain black ebony.. (£385-169)

The gbl was a lovely cue but just too many chevrons.. (found it distracting)

The master cue was spot on and great player...

I eventually picked the Ton..

the oil finish was spot on and the splicing was good too..

(all 3 cue were very similar players)
                and so the splice design on the ton won over the plain black ebony mastercue.

so if you can, get along and try some cues out..

you don't need to pay a fortune to get a good cue..

Comment

I also went to Green Baize and had a good look and try out of lots of cues, i found Ton and Maximus to be the best i only bought a Maximus because i had my heart set on one but I'm definitely going back for a Ton someday
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Thanks for the help guys this forum is superb for help and info. Someone also recomended 2 cues from cue craft a truimph or a phoneix??

Comment

best stick to the thai options

Comment

Originally Posted by rocketryan87 View Post
                        Thanks for the help guys this forum is superb for help and info. Someone also recomended 2 cues from cue craft a truimph or a phoneix??
                        Nah, not even close enough in terms of quality. As said, stick to Maximus or Ton Praram, you won't be disapointed mate.
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I'd order one from Stu at Greenbaize if you're thinking of a maximus, I think he specifies a certain finish. The Maximus pool cue I had was superb, only problem was I found the tip to be too small for pool and now just use my snooker cue. GBL cues are very nice too, just as good as Maximus.

Comment

And Stu is of very good advice. If you make a selection of cues that look to fit your specs and tastes, he will kindly test them for you and give a very honest verdict on which one is the best, regardless of price/range. He could have sold me a Beyond that I was interested in but told me straight away that the Series 1 I was also looking at was the better player. He may have lost 200 quids but gain a faithful customer!

Comment

like erwan_bz i went to greenbaize and i looked at the beyond version of my series 1..and stu did give his opinion that the series 1 was the better playing cue..he could have kept his mouth shut and got another £185 off me..

i did have a hit with the beyond version.. and apart from some more even spaced chevrons on it.. it certainly didn't feel any better than the series 1...

it allowed me to buy a good case.. and i came away happy.

Stu's a top bloke..it's a great facility, he will give advice if u want or will let u make your own mind up

there is no substitute.. if u can, for actually playing with the cue (allowing for geography!)

Comment

Working...
                              X