Some Advice/Info Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Advice/Info Please?

I have a 3/4 Snooker Craft Ace Cue which is not far off 19oz, the top half of the cue is very light and all the weight is in the bottom half of the cue that you screw onto the top half. Is this a good thing or a bad thing and what pros and cons are there with this kind of cue where the majority of the weight is at the bottom half of the cue? Any advice or info would be much appreciated.

That is how all cues are made !
    All depends how far back the balance point is, balance the cue on a finger then measure that point from the butt end, around 17" is what I would call nice, but if something like 15" I would call that poor. Let us know what you have

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      That is how all cues are made !
      All depends how far back the balance point is, balance the cue on a finger then measure that point from the butt end, around 17" is what I would call nice, but if something like 15" I would call that poor. Let us know what you have
      Can you explain this in a bit more detail? Do you mean screw the cue together and then balance the cue on your index finger and when the cue starts to fall downwards that's where you measure from the bottom of the cue to where your finger is when it starts to fall?

Comment

Yes, screw the cue together
        Place the cue on the side of one of your fingers held out, sliding the cue to the left or the right there will be a point where the cue does not want to fall either way - i.e. in balance - measure from that point where your finger is on the cue to the end of the butt
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Yes, screw the cue together
          Place the cue on the side of one of your fingers held out, sliding the cue to the left or the right there will be a point where the cue does not want to fall either way - i.e. in balance - measure from that point where your finger is on the cue to the end of the butt
          I've measured it and the balance point is somewhere between 17-17.5'', how does that sound? It was really hard to actually get a balance of the cue though as it is so bottom heavy. One slight move to the left or the right of the balance point and the cue would either fall down to the left/right from this point. Is that normal? Was really hard to find a perfect balance point to be honest but when it did balance with the tiniest amount of movement to the left/right, it measured somewhere between 17-17.5'' from the butt end of the cue to that point.

Comment

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
            I've measured it and the balance point is somewhere between 17-17.5'', how does that sound? It was really hard to actually get a balance of the cue though as it is so bottom heavy. One slight move to the left or the right of the balance point and the cue would either fall down to the left/right from this point. Is that normal? Was really hard to find a perfect balance point to be honest but when it did balance with the tiniest amount of movement to the left/right, it measured somewhere between 17-17.5'' from the butt end of the cue to that point.
            As JRC said above that's a normal balance point for the majority of cues.

Comment

I know where u coming from tbh. I have the same problem every time I try to msr the B point.

Comment

Not sure why you found it so difficult lol, easiest thing in the World to do
                Anyhow that sounds perfect, I was expecting you to say something like 15" which would of felt butt heavy.

Comment

Just to ask, does the cue feel butt heavy when you are playing with it and in the cue ball address position?
                  When I got a new cue some years ago, it felt very butt heavy and that the tip would fly into air after contact; I looked into this and came to a conclusion - I used to play my old cue with the butt-flat pointing down and I did this with the new cue; I turned the cue round so the butt-flat was point up; it became a totally different feel and much more balance
                  Weird but true as to how it feels - to me
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X