No announcement yet.

'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a box of these . Silly not to at less than £5 a box delivered .

Still got my Elk Pro soft on at the moment , holding its shape and not gone hard like the medium did .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Just bought a box of these . Silly not to at less than £5 a box delivered .

Still got my Elk Pro soft on at the moment , holding its shape and not gone hard like the medium did .
      Just got mine in the post yesterday. Not very blue like diamonds/elks, more greyish in colour. Will have to try one on a spare cue and bash it in ready for when I need it.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Put one on my spare cue and tried it out down the club, bit hard for me but does feel a decent quality tip. I think those who like the pro granite/hard elk will definitely like.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Put one on my spare cue and tried it out down the club, bit hard for me but does feel a decent quality tip. I think those who like the pro granite/hard elk will definitely like.
          Good news, I use pro granite ,I ordered some of these to try, last week , they sounds right up my street, thanks for the review CC.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Tried 2 medium Elk Pros both have gone stupidly hard after only 4 hours of play and have little to no feel to them, Would not recommend.

Comment

• Originally Posted by s1ivv3r View Post
              Just want to share these tips with the members here!

I have played snooker for longer than i can remember.. and i've played with every tip imaginable!

These tips are great.. can't comment on longevity as yet.. but... they play/sound like the old Elk/Blue Diamond... but have the playing characteristics of the harder layered tips.. ie spin and side and cue ball grip!

Simon Bedford tried one on a cue he was just borrowing to try and made a max 'on a lineup' and said it was the best tip he'd played with!

Anyway.. the best thing is less than £4 for a box of 50... worth buying just to try!

I think they are fantastic!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-50p...q_NDbrOA4Ov_fg
              Stuck one of these on yesterday played with it today, it's staying on. Not bad at all, I fully expected to not like it, but I did, I would put it between a well bedded in hard elk and a pro granite, so pretty hard but not very hard.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I've got one (medium) on my cue used for English pool (8.7mm 57" 17Oz 1Piece, PButt, Balance 17.5"). It was on the Mastercue when I bought it.
                Feels good, not as much action as my Pool Baron tip, maybe less deflection though? Holding shape and chalk (normal Triangle) well (not used to break). May try on snooker cue (Buffalo Blue + at mo,) when I change.
                A friend has the chalk, which I don't like, comes off too easy on to cue ball as my Masters does. So end up with a white with green n red spots lol.

Comment

• Finally tried the PRO Triangle chalk, the colour is the same as Silver Cup green, it does appear to be of a finer texture than regular Triangle, although I've had no miscues with it I wouldnt say it gives any more noticible grip than regular Triangle, I also dont think it marks the white any worse its just more noticible when it does, still nothing major though. It coats and stays on the tip well without spraying all over the table which I find regular green Master chalk does, ive tried the pro on my pool cue which has an ADR147 SS fitted and my snooker cue which has a Buffalo Diamond Plus on, and find it gives good coverage on both pressed and laminated tips, overall I quite like it, but for me its only marginly better if at all than regular Triangle and therefore not worth the huge price difference

Comment

• I like the chalk and think I can feel a difference in grip levels over Triangle, but that could be my imagination. I have tried all grades of the tips thoroughly and find them unacceptably inconsistent. At the price they charge, you know the packaging has to cost more than the three tips inside. I would be prepared to pay the crazy price if they performed, but the fact is, they're little better than the standard Elk.

Comment

• Since i had the problem with the last Pro , i've put on a new Soft Pro and i've not had an issue .......touch wood .

Last tip [ medium] went rock hard after using it once , and as has been mentioned seems a lot of money if you are not
                      getting the consistency .

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                        I like the chalk and think I can feel a difference in grip levels over Triangle, but that could be my imagination. I have tried all grades of the tips thoroughly and find them unacceptably inconsistent. At the price they charge, you know the packaging has to cost more than the three tips inside. I would be prepared to pay the crazy price if they performed, but the fact is, they're little better than the standard Elk.
                        Same here, no doubt some will like them but I feel that's luck of the draw.... a bit like an ordinary elk tip.

Comment

• I've been using this chalk for a few months and the secret to not getting big green blotches on the white is to chalk your tip once. I'm sure most of us chalk the tip 3-4 times, with this chalk it's not necessary. The MW Supertips are a perfect match with Pro chalk. I noticed that John Higgins is also using it, sensible lad is young John.
                          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Noticed that Ricky Waldon is using the pro chalk now as well.
                            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• I also have tried the cheaper version of the elk pros and they are really good a nice firm hit didn't think I would like them to be fair does any one on here have a couple more that they would sell.

Comment

• What tips you after Matt ? The cheap box of 50 ? If so , I have some .

Let me know .

Comment

Working...
                                X