Laminated tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    I find the harder the pressed tip, the more consistent it is, not sure if people agree with this?
    I'd go with that Shockerz, I can't get away with those tips you can feel moving around until they bed right down.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      That's a very good point Dave, pro granites are the most consistent pressed tip I have found but they are not to everyone's taste. If these don't work out I will go back to them.
      Was thinking about trying the pro granites but they only come in 10mm so abit tricky lining up with a 10mm ferrule as the ones I've used seem to vary slightly in diameter.

I purchased some exquisite pressed tips from ADR on ebay a few months ago, not tried them yet, I might put one on one of my spare cues and give it a go.

Comment

Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post
        Was thinking about trying the pro granites but they only come in 10mm so abit tricky lining up with a 10mm ferrule as the ones I've used seem to vary slightly in diameter.

I purchased some exquisite pressed tips from ADR on ebay a few months ago, not tried them yet, I might put one on one of my spare cues and give it a go.
        If you do put one on, let me know how you get on with it, thanks.
        The pro granites are a tight fit, I use a 10 mill ferrule as well, they are very slightly bigger but it is tight. One good thing about these ts long ba tips is the one I put on had plenty of wriggle room ,it was a ten mill tip mill but went on my ferrule very easy.
        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 27 November 2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Pm your address and I will send you one to try.

Comment

Phoenix black and Phoenix red for me. (Both in medium)

Comment

Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post
              That's the problem with pressed tips, no consistency. Even the so called super tips are a waste of time, put one on my daughters cue recently and after one frame it was like a jelly tot! I have now decided that laminated/layered tips are the way forward. I currently use a TSF medium and have no complaints.
              not doing Michael Georgiou any harm - he is playing ronnie tomorrow with his!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I keep going back to Kamui's , never had one delaminate, very consistent and a great hit.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                  I keep going back to Kamui's , never had one delaminate, very consistent and a great hit.
                  As somebody who bought and sold a couple of thousand of them trust me you are getting lucky!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    As somebody who bought and sold a couple of thousand of them trust me you are getting lucky!
                    Yeah ...I've chipped a few . Once they get a bit low I had no confidence in them not spontaneously combusting on me .

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      not doing Michael Georgiou any harm - he is playing ronnie tomorrow with his!
                      Saw Michael last night and mentioned about his tip , he said that he loves the TSF Tip . Keeps its shape and no issues with it .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Just stuck one of these on, ( big thanks to Dave)was easy to trim but took some shaping compared to a pressed tip, but now it's done it looks great, wait to have a hit with it.
                        It's a nice tip, not pingy and not like a marble like some laminated tips, and I would say it takes and holds chalk a bit better than the pro granites and it doesn't need chalk nearly every shot like say an Omin red which is much harder, still not sure if they are worth the money, although I can easily see why these are more costly to make, but if you like a lammy that plays like a hard pressed tip this isn't a bad job at all. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts, maybe that might change my mind but I will keep it on until it's done so I can see if it changes as it gets the hours under its belt, but I like it just now.
                        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 3 December 2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X