Snookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snookers

Getting out of snookers is without doubt the worst part of my game.

I'm an old codger who can only put together breaks of 20 to 30 mostly, with a very infrequent 40 or so happening once in a Blue moon!

What I would like to do is become more proficient at getting out of snookers, it is this part of my game that I'm really not that good at. can any of you chaps point me in the direction of some good videos that I could have a look at on this very cold, frosty and foggy morning please?

Thank you.

The way I look at getting out of snookers is, in way, is what I saw in that Ray Reardon series (which seems to have disappeared off internet ) where Ray explained the "rectangle" method he used for two cushion escapes.
    In reality it is a parallelogram not a rectangle

The first line (line1) the cue ball travels to the first cushion will be parallel to the return line (line3) after the second cushion hit. Obviously no side applied
    Now the second line (line2) between the two cushion hits will be trick to the route of the Line3, Ray does not mention by name but in essence the angle of incidence=angle of reflection rule.
    I have used the visualisation of the two lines (Line 1 and Line 3) to great affect in escapes
    For single cushion escape angle in=angle out
    More than two cushions, extend the parallelogram method works but obviously gets more complex
    Give this time in your practise
    Let us know how you get on.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you DeanH, it is definitely sussing out 'line 2' that gives me problems when attempting the 2 cushion escape.

When only using one cushion I am reasonable if the balls aren't too far apart but, when you get to 3/4 of the table or more, then I run into problems again.

Thanks again.

Comment

Did you mean to attach a sketch there Dean ?
        All sounds correct tho

Comment

I didn't actually but cobbled something together to hopefully show it

Comment

I keep hearing DT say that 2 cushion escapes are easier to judge, I guess he's talking about this rectangle/parallelogram thing. I'll give it a shot, does it look more like a rectangle when you're behind the shot?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              I didn't actually but cobbled something together to hopefully show it
              Well done, top job

Comment

Never thought about it like that before. Thank you

Comment

After a chat at the club last night thought I would add, that is the Angle in is shallow to the cushion you can get cue ball sliding a bit instead of nicely bouncing off. I was in this type of situation last night and I reminded myself to add to this thread.

Comment

other trouble with this kind of shots is speed.
                    you play it abit harder, not to mention sumtimes CB bouncing off the coshion harder than expected ,, then you gonna leave an easy start for your opponent. even pros have sum trouble with this part ( sometimes ).

Comment

If the escape route is one cushion. Then it is also best to look at hitting the white ball with the object ball as the point is the same especially if the white ball is closer to the cushion it can be much easier to calculate the point of the cushion which cue ball needs to hit. It is important to get right behind the object ball and find the spot on the cushion, keep your eyes on that spot then go to the white ball and hit that spot on the cushion.

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                        Getting out of snookers is without doubt the worst part of my game.

I'm an old codger who can only put together breaks of 20 to 30 mostly, with a very infrequent 40 or so happening once in a Blue moon!

What I would like to do is become more proficient at getting out of snookers, it is this part of my game that I'm really not that good at. can any of you chaps point me in the direction of some good videos that I could have a look at on this very cold, frosty and foggy morning please?

Thank you.
                        If you are struggling with easy snookers as well then this is a simple method I was told years ago.

Getting out of easy snookers
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

If you draw a line between the cue ball and the ball you want to hit, then find the middle point between these two balls. Draw a line from that point to the corner pocket, then play parallel to that line. That gives you your line 1

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                            If you draw a line between the cue ball and the ball you want to hit, then find the middle point between these two balls. Draw a line from that point to the corner pocket, then play parallel to that line. That gives you your line 1
                            I may be acting a bit thick here, didn't get that one; probably just the way i'm reading it!
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I don't get it either

Comment

Working...
                              X