Phoenix snooker cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix snooker cues

Can anyone give me a review on phoenix cues are they any good compared to the top cue makers, how do they play etc ?

As good as any mate!...if I wasn't such a Parris tart I'd be using one theirs.
    I've had Tevor White, Maximus, Mike Wooldridge, Parris etc.
    Shafts are great, top splce work, great designs and only thing that might put you off is that they use a Shellac finish to butt which I like but this can be easily removed.
    Last edited by TooDark; 20 November 2016, 07:06 PM.
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

I spent most of Saturday afternoon at Craftman Cue's who have a large selection of Phoenix cue's in stock as well as Maximus, Master Cue's and their own Craftman Cue's which are made on the premises. Knowing what I wanted as in specs I asked if I could take a look at everything that was around those specs, I was offered around 15 cues from that were brought from behind the counter and after a couple of hours I had found "the one", a Phoenix supreme one piece ash, a beautiful looking cue but far more important it felt spot on. This is the 2nd Phoenix I have had, the 1st was a 3/4 M17 I think and again it was a well made cue but for some reason I couldn't get on with it, a little too heavy and long was the excuse I found to justify the slump I was experiencing lol ...I started playing with a Butters one piece and realised I was most definitely a one piece man.

I cannot say how my new, or old Phoenix for that matter compares to a "top cue makers cue" but I don't think you will be disappointed with any of them, the only thing I felt was not quite right and it's completely a personal preference was the tip which I replaced with a Talisman pro soft, the lacquered butt IMO is a nice touch which gives a certain amount of stability re your grip ....

Comment

I use a phoenix cue and it's one of the best cues I've ever played with.

The ash is superb, as well as the grain/chevrons etc. The ash has a lovely radiant bright glow like the cues you see on TV.

I always receive compliments about it when I'm out and about and people who try it love it.

Only cost me £200 too.

Comment

Hi I'm Kev may I ask what weight and tip size it is because I'm thiking of getting a new cue

Comment

Graeme Dott is using a Phoenix.

Comment

Mitchell Mann also (recently had a good run at the UK )

AndyG - when did he put aside the Exquisite?
              Do you know if he is still using Kamui tip? Any specs?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Did Alan McManus use a Phoenix cue in his run to the semi final of world champs? Pretty sure I saw a Phoenix badge on his cue when playing a rest shot in one of his matches??
                VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

He is supposedly currently using a Maximus cue and I believe that includes Apr16 as I think he mentioned a new cue in an interview around that time.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Mitchell Mann also (recently had a good run at the UK )

AndyG - when did he put aside the Exquisite?
                    Do you know if he is still using Kamui tip? Any specs?
                    He changed at the beginning of the year he got a few to try including buying a Trevor White but went for the Phoenix, not sure of specs and no point in asking him as he will have no idea, when he won the worlds in 2006 it was with a very small pool cue 8.5 mm and 55" as far as I know still the same tips.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                        I use a phoenix cue and it's one of the best cues I've ever played with.

The ash is superb, as well as the grain/chevrons etc. The ash has a lovely radiant bright glow like the cues you see on TV.

I always receive compliments about it when I'm out and about and people who try it love it.

Only cost me £200 too.
                        Hi Phil can you give me the name of your phoenix cue you bought, is it a one piece or 3/4 piece.
                        Also the weight mate.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by greenpeas View Post
                          Hi Phil can you give me the name of your phoenix cue you bought, is it a one piece or 3/4 piece.
                          Also the weight mate.
                          Thanks
                          Yes it's called a Unity.

It's 3/4 and 17.5oz

Comment

i had a try of a couple of phoenix cues when i was in craftsman a couple of weeks ago and they do feel and look very nice. The one i liked was a plain ebony one piece and was only 175 quid. Look like it was a really good quality shaft. Solid with strait grain etc.

Comment

Hi Phil, I ended up buying the phoenix unity myself lol. Sorry i missed your reply. I am impressed with it too, beyond it being a nice straight cue i don't much else about it as my experience with high quality ques is non existent. The one i went with was the Amboyna unity one at £230 57.25 inches. Now i just need to learn how to use it properly

Comment

Working...
                              X