New Member - Quick Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Quick Introduction

Hi all, just thought i'd make my first post and let people know the basics.

Been playing for around 6 months now down my local club, and i'm really starting to enjoy the game and therefore wanting to improve.
    Highest break is a 35, which considering i've not been playing for long and have effectively taught myself how to play, i'd say isn't too bad. But, as you can work out there is major room for improvement, even with the basics, and was wondering if I could pick up a few tips on a few things:

Stance - can never quite get into a consistent stance that allows me to keep perfectly still when down on a shot.
    Cueing & Grip - My bridge is consistent and strong, however i feel that my grip is letting me down leading to deviations when cueing, and therefore probably why I miss so much.
    Mental - If i'm play especially bad, I can never pick myself up in the same session, leading to me playing worse.

My cue, as of Monday 18th December, will be a Jian Ying "T3SS10" with a 9-10mm tip. ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beautiful-H...ct_top?ie=UTF8 )

Any tips or links to threads providing help with these subjects will be greatly appreciated!
    ''It's just really drafty to be honest'' - Kyren Wilson

Welcome Jamie, all points you have stated have been covered, do a search and i am sure you will find some good points to help you out. Cheers Mate, its a great game and sounds like you are off to a good start.
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the advice, i'll have a good look around, new to all this forum stuff aha.
      ''It's just really drafty to be honest'' - Kyren Wilson

Comment

Working...
      X