Re-introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-introduction

Some of you old timers might remember me but for the newer members here a very warm welcome from Hertfordshire, England.

My name is Roy and I'm 34. I've been a fan of this beautiful game for as far back as I can remember.

I've started playing again after an absence of around 4 years. This is due to a battle with renal cancer in which time I had to have my right kidney removed.

I'm a qualified and recognised WPBSA coach but nowadays just enjoy the many levels of snooker in a viewing capacity.

Having said that I've played twice in the last week and hit a nice 54 and 29 in match play which I'm pleased with considering I've not picked up a cue since 2014!

I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible!
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Welcome back. :smile:

Comment

I was playing in my local club on Monday when a gentleman I've not seen before asked if I'd like a game. I replied of course and he said 'Right I'll just take this damned dog collar off!' He was the local reverend!!

It was the most enjoyable 3 frames I can remember playing. He was a very good cueist too. He said he tries to play once a week and watches on the TV whenever time permits.

A great example of snookerloopy!!!
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        Welcome back. :smile:
        Thank you. I remember having a heated debate with you over Graeme Dott. I wasn't a big fan but you defended him admirably

Nice to be back hope you are well.

Comment

To conclude my re-introduction I attended every Sheffield every year from 2003-2011. The Barbican 2004-2006. The masters (Old and new Wembley) 2008-2014. I've also attended The Guild Hall and several other venues.

I've only met a few from here. I had the pleasure of sitting with Maruta (April Madness) and Ja (Can't remember her first name) as well as Kellie Barker and the man himself Kevin (Ferret). I played against Nam and a couple of others whose names fail me (Sorry)

When TSF had the old chat function we had many 2/3am sessions on here I'm not sure that function is still on here?

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
            To conclude my re-introduction I attended every Sheffield every year from 2003-2011. The Barbican 2004-2006. The masters (Old and new Wembley) 2008-2014. I've also attended The Guild Hall and several other venues.

I've only met a few from here. I had the pleasure of sitting with Maruta (April Madness) and Ja (Can't remember her first name) as well as Kellie Barker and the man himself Kevin (Ferret). I played against Nam and a couple of others whose names fail me (Sorry)

When TSF had the old chat function we had many 2/3am sessions on here I'm not sure that function is still on here?
            Welcome back.

I remember doing some work in a vicar's house once as a favour to a football buddy (his dad). He had a snooker table in a massive house and apparently loved the game.

He remains the only person in 35 years not to pay me!

A true man of God!
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

welcome back, glad to hear you are well

It has not been active for a long time
              I am sure Ferret did say at the time the reason why but I cant recall
              Maybe something I will pass onto the new owners as possibly getting the reactivated, as I also had some great chats into the wee-hours
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi Roy,

I'm a very new TSF member - I introduced myself to the forum just at the weekend.

Firstly, it's great to hear that you have overcome a health setback - also great that have reached for the cue again. I too am hitting a few balls again following a circa twenty year break ...although it's fair to say that my eyes aren't quite what they used to be!

BTW, if ever you need any support in the Graeme Dott debating stakes, happy to oblige - I'm not a fan either - awful cue action and incredibly dull to watch (in the same vein as Selby).

Anyway, welcome back fella...
                Highest break - 145
                Playing cue - an old antique Burroughs & Watts 'London Soho Square' 1 piece maple - 58" / 16.5oz / with a 10mm tip

"Fantabulous!"...

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Levitt View Post
                  Hi Roy,

I'm a very new TSF member - I introduced myself to the forum just at the weekend.

Firstly, it's great to hear that you have overcome a health setback - also great that have reached for the cue again. I too am hitting a few balls again following a circa twenty year break ...although it's fair to say that my eyes aren't quite what they used to be!

BTW, if ever you need any support in the Graeme Dott debating stakes, happy to oblige - I'm not a fan either - awful cue action and incredibly dull to watch (in the same vein as Selby).

Thank you.

This used to be a superb forum and I'm looking forward to contributing to it again. I'm very much getting back into it and going into the new year am considering contact lenses. I rely on glasses for work and to drive so hitting a 54 break with poor eyesight has spurred me into thinking 'What if....'

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Levitt View Post
                    Hi Roy,

That's a very light cue you play with!

Comment

Thank you.

This used to be a superb forum and I'm looking forward to contributing to it again. I'm very much getting back into it and going into the new year am considering contact lenses. I rely on glasses for work and to drive so hitting a 54 break with poor eyesight has spurred me into thinking 'What if....'
                      Give the disposables a go.

They are absolutely spot on and I can see everything pinpoint.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        That's a very light cue you play with!
                        It's an old cue that hasn't had any modification (other than a ferrule change) - the 16.5oz weight is displayed / engraved into the maple shaft just about the points of the butt splicing.

I have also played with other heavier cues and don't really have a preference - lighter versus heavier.
                        Highest break - 145
                        Playing cue - an old antique Burroughs & Watts 'London Soho Square' 1 piece maple - 58" / 16.5oz / with a 10mm tip

"Fantabulous!"...

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          Give the disposables a go.

They are absolutely spot on and I can see everything pinpoint.
                          I vaguely recall being told I have a stigmatsym (Apologies if spelt incorrectly!) so unsure if contacts will be offered but will find out in my consultation.

Comment

Some of you old timers might remember me but for the newer members here a very warm welcome from Hertfordshire, England.

My name is Roy and I'm 34. I've been a fan of this beautiful game for as far back as I can remember.

I've started playing again after an absence of around 4 years. This is due to a battle with renal cancer in which time I had to have my right kidney removed.

I'm a qualified and recognised WPBSA coach but nowadays just enjoy the many levels of snooker in a viewing capacity.

Having said that I've played twice in the last week and hit a nice 54 and 29 in match play which I'm pleased with considering I've not picked up a cue since 2014!

I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible!
                            Way to go, and glad you're (apparently) feeling better. Hi from Canada.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rebound59 View Post
                              Way to go, and glad you're (apparently) feeling better. Hi from Canada.
                              Thank you very much. I believe a big part of this forum, Terry, is from Canada. A fine coach and valued member of TSF.

I look forward to speaking to you on the coaching thread I've seen you comment in.

Comment

Working...
                              X