Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RATMAN View Post
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Gav -the point I wanted to make, if you look at available definitions online regarding the difference between what defines sport or a game, that hold credible data from important sources, there really is no tangible difference except maybe physical prowess which I would happily argue is present during snookers greatest contest the world championship. Be it a game or sport there is no lesser connotation from that point......? Therefore snooker holds the upmost esteem regardless of this category.
    "A man who takes part in a sport, especially as a professional".
    "A person who behaves sportingly".
    The above quotes are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary as definitions of the word sportsman.
    So it is not just the activity in which one is engaged, but also that it is done in a fair & honest manner, E.G. when a player calls a foul on himself.
    Regardless of whether you call it sport or game it is also about integrity.
    So are you agreeing with me or making a point that snooker has to be a sport?
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yes indeed I agree & snooker is both a sport & a game

Comment

Yes indeed I agree & snooker is both a sport & a game
        Thanks. For me the definitions make snooker one and the same. Equal as a game and sport. Thank the Lord point made I'm done. Night folks. zzzzzzz.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks. For me the definitions make snooker one and the same. Equal as a game and sport. Thank the Lord point made I'm done. Night folks. zzzzzzz.
          Fascinating that when I started this thread, I was discussing audience behaviour & now we are talking semantics!

Comment

Fascinating that when I started this thread, I was discussing audience behaviour & now we are talking semantics!
            Sign of a decent thread. ; )
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I've never seen a skinny Sumo wrestler, I'd still say that's a sport.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                Excuse me but I fail to see the point!

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  IIRC there was one sumo wrestler who was skinny compared to the "norm" and he was a major winner for many years. Of course I can't recall his name but who does
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    IIRC there was one sumo wrestler who was skinny compared to the "norm" and he was a major winner for many years. Of course I can't recall his name but who does
                    I'm told that they're built like brick shoithouses under all that flab, don't think they are the healthiest of people though.

Comment

Working...
                    X