No announcement yet.

TAOM.CHAlk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really having trouble with this whole Taom chalk thingy. First of all I and my practice partners use Tweeten Spruce and I get very few chalk marks on my cloth which a little light brushing can take off easily. Secondly it appears there are more mis-cues with this chalk. Thirdly it wears down the tip faster which is not really a good thing as tips should last for up to 6 months at least with normal use. Fourthly, Ronnie quit using it for some reason and my hero Steve Davis doesn't like it.

And lastly, it's ****ing EXPENSIVE and there appears to me to be more negatives than positives. I will keep using that crappy old Tweeten Spruce thank you very much. Nuff said.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      I am really having trouble with this whole Taom chalk thingy. First of all I and my practice partners use Tweeten Spruce and I get very few chalk marks on my cloth which a little light brushing can take off easily. Secondly it appears there are more mis-cues with this chalk. Thirdly it wears down the tip faster which is not really a good thing as tips should last for up to 6 months at least with normal use. Fourthly, Ronnie quit using it for some reason and my hero Steve Davis doesn't like it.

And lastly, it's ****ing EXPENSIVE and there appears to me to be more negatives than positives. I will keep using that crappy old Tweeten Spruce thank you very much. Nuff said.
      100%
      Case closed
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• This chalk is just an experiment to see how idiotic some people can be, it works as well
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          I am really having trouble with this whole Taom chalk thingy. First of all I and my practice partners use Tweeten Spruce and I get very few chalk marks on my cloth which a little light brushing can take off easily. Secondly it appears there are more mis-cues with this chalk. Thirdly it wears down the tip faster which is not really a good thing as tips should last for up to 6 months at least with normal use. Fourthly, Ronnie quit using it for some reason and my hero Steve Davis doesn't like it.

My thoughts exactly! Way too expensive, still kicks and worst of all the miscues! Confidence will drain fast and people wont use it. The price will drop im sure but id rather chance a kick than a miscue! And yes ronnies not using it is he. Enough said.
          2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

• Used a mates piece for a quick 20 minutes tonight and I have to say I’m impressed.
            Not sure why some on here are saying you get less grip then with other chalk, because I got absolutely loads of it.
            I’m sold and will be ordering a couple of pieces for Christmas.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
              Used a mates piece for a quick 20 minutes tonight and I have to say I’m impressed.
              Not sure why some on here are saying you get less grip then with other chalk, because I got absolutely loads of it.
              I’m sold and will be ordering a couple of pieces for Christmas.
              I dare you to buy 3 pieces
              Am glad it works for you.
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                I dare you to buy 3 pieces
                Am glad it works for you.
                2 will do for now
                It is too expensive atm that’s without doubt, but I’m sure the price will drop.
                Definitely the best chalk I’ve ever used.
                Last edited by travisbickle; 14 December 2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Let's keep this going. Must be plenty of dudes on here who would prefer to test a piece of TAOM rather than recieve 3 pairs of Y fronts for Xmas? Cmon?
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    Let's keep this going. Must be plenty of dudes on here who would prefer to test a piece of TAOM rather than recieve 3 pairs of Y fronts for Xmas? Cmon?
                    I think ADR should treat all members to a free block for Christmas
                    How is your block lasting a couple of months down the line Crafty?

Comment

• TAOM.CHAlk

what comes to "less grip" i initially thought so as well. But it was only because i didn't sand the previous chalk off before and the tip i had at the time was already almost worn out. Then for a while didn't use it because of this grip issue. Then gave rt another go after a few tip changes and haven't since had a miscue other than due to crappy cueing

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                        Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Let's keep this going. Must be plenty of dudes on here who would prefer to test a piece of TAOM rather than recieve 3 pairs of Y fronts for Xmas? Cmon?
                        I think ADR should treat all members to a free block for Christmas
                        How is your block lasting a couple of months down the line Crafty?
                        I've used somewhere around a third of it now playing 6 hours a week 4 of which are solo chalking every shot.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          I've used somewhere around a third of it now playing 6 hours a week 4 of which are solo chalking every shot.
                          Cheers Crafty.
                          looks like I’m gonna go through 3 a year then

Comment

• Judd’s back on Triangle chalk.
                            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Up until recently I'd been using grey master chalk(I still think this stuff is great) but I have been trying this new Taom chalk for about 2 months.
                              It's not a gimmick but it is ridiculously expensive, however, I've had very very few kicks and never when I've played someone who also uses Taom(leads me to believe it's my opponents chalk causing the kicks).
                              I've also noticed a lot of folk saying. They get less grip. I find that strange as I've actually found I get more.
                              It is worth noting that I believe you must prime the tip(thus should be done anyway).
                              After you've sanded your tip, apply some chalk. Then with a file or tip pick or similar, press the chalk into the tip. Repeat a couple of times and you'll find the chalk takes to the tip very nicely.
                              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                                Up until recently I'd been using grey master chalk(I still think this stuff is great) but I have been trying this new Taom chalk for about 2 months.
                                It's not a gimmick but it is ridiculously expensive, however, I've had very very few kicks and never when I've played someone who also uses Taom(leads me to believe it's my opponents chalk causing the kicks).
                                I've also noticed a lot of folk saying. They get less grip. I find that strange as I've actually found I get more.
                                It is worth noting that I believe you must prime the tip(thus should be done anyway).
                                After you've sanded your tip, apply some chalk. Then with a file or tip pick or similar, press the chalk into the tip. Repeat a couple of times and you'll find the chalk takes to the tip very nicely.
                                I'm of the opinion after many posts given now, that there is a big factor in which tip you use. But a simple fact is, since I've used it, I've never once had a kick in solo practice. Had plenty with masters chalk. Also not miscued once.
                                Last edited by Cue crafty; 23 December 2017, 11:24 PM.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X