Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    Just because you’re not using a cushion doesn’t mean you don’t need side on the shot sometimes
    I dunno that’s not what I was taught, I understand why it’s used off a cushion I also understand it can be used to straighten up a pot to get pin point position but 9 times out of 10 side isn’t going to do anything in the middle of the table that stun screw or stun run won’t do

Comment

• Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
      I agree to a certain extent about side I do use it semi frequently but I don't agree with just chucking it on cos you can't hit plain ball.
      The foundation is to learn to strike the ball as your addressing it if that was with side or middle ball top bottom or whatever then you are doing what your intending, just chucking side on cos you cant pot on centre is my problem with this.

Yes there are shots in snooker where side is on the shot and no I don't think its a wrong thing to do or am I scared of it cos I use it I just think the majority of shots by a good break builder never really uses a cushion and hes never really anything more than 3/4 ball on a shot on the correct angle for the next shot unless something moves off position slightly so i just don't see the big deal about putting side on.

It's like folk become obsessed with it and use it just cos its fun.
      I agree that you need to hit where you want to, I didn't spend hour cueing through a little hole in some card for nothing.

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
      Just because you’re not using a cushion doesn’t mean you don’t need side on the shot sometimes
      Please God.... Not again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        I agree that you need to hit where you want to, I didn't spend hour cueing through a little hole in some card for nothing.

Please God.... Not again.
        I just thought I’d chuck it in there lol

Comment

• A little bit of side will counter the throw effect under some circumstances giving a more natural path for the object ball. This is dependent on the cut angle, balls, cloth etc.
          If you ever stand there scratching your head over why some shots come off thick and you thought you hit perfect this is the reason why.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/Ugm8AJXVoi0
            What do you all make of Ronnie's comments in this vid?

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
              https://youtu.be/Ugm8AJXVoi0
              What do you all make of Ronnie's comments in this vid?
              Don't know what you expecting to hear ?? all sounds reasonable to me

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Don't know what you expecting to hear ?? all sounds reasonable to me
                Maybe that he said "no-one hits plain ball" and that he swerves every shot. Seems to tie in with Roy's theory.

Comment

Maybe that he said "no-one hits plain ball" and that he swerves every shot. Seems to tie in with Roy's theory.
                  Ahh i must of ignored that bit lol, i was just waiting for the instructions of how to swerve

Comment

That's it mate

Comment

• I suspect he meant no one plays plain ball all the time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                        I suspect he meant no one plays plain ball all the time.
                        I don't know, maybe. I took it as no one can strike centre ball and everybody puts a trace of side on the cue ball. But you might be right.

Comment

• I have to admit this is an extremely strange thread.

I'm a WPBSA qualified Level 1 coach and some of the things I've read are correct with the rest best described as 'subjective'.

My ONLY input would be - Try to hit the centre of the cueball as often as is humanely possible.
                          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                            I have to admit this is an extremely strange thread.

I'm a WPBSA qualified Level 1 coach and some of the things I've read are correct with the rest best described as 'subjective'.

My ONLY input would be - Try to hit the centre of the cueball as often as is humanely possible.
                            Ia it 'humane' to hit the centre of the cueball? Or as much as humanly possible. Sorry RocketRoy, tongue in cheek.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              Ia it 'humane' to hit the centre of the cueball? Or as much as humanly possible. Sorry RocketRoy, tongue in cheek.
                              Check your spelling Terry glass houses and all that.

Comment

Check your spelling Terry glass houses and all that.
                                Terry's is a typographical error; Rocket's is a malapropism.

sorry - tongue in cheek

I'll get my coat....
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X