No announcement yet.

2017 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes the draws can be quite fun, don't they?

There you had a first-round-encounter between Ryan Day and Anthony McGill and in another section you now have a third-rounder between Peter Lines and Ashley Hugill (though Hugill at least had to overcome Ali Carter to get there).

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      Sometimes the draws can be quite fun, don't they?

There you had a first-round-encounter between Ryan Day and Anthony McGill and in another section you now have a third-rounder between Peter Lines and Ashley Hugill (though Hugill at least had to overcome Ali Carter to get there).
      I think they need to seed 32 players in a 128 draw. They started doing that at the tennis majors a number of years ago, and it's definitely fairer. The possibility of two top 20 players meeting in the first round of a tournament with 128 players just shouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally Posted by jimev View Post
        anybody know what happened with sharav v holt yesterday. Eden sharav kicking off on twitter about holts cheating?
        any thing further on this?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          any thing further on this?
          I only read Sharav's tweets, in which he accused Holt of moving when he was in the shot and said that Holt was trying to get him into a conversation, when Sharav was 3-1 up to disturb his concentration. And that it was not the first time Holt did something like this.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            I only read Sharav's tweets, in which he accused Holt of moving when he was in the shot and said that Holt was trying to get him into a conversation, when Sharav was 3-1 up to disturb his concentration. And that it was not the first time Holt did something like this.
            Sounds a bit salty to me. If your concentration goes it's your own fault IMO. There's always going to be some movement in an open table setup anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
              I think they need to seed 32 players in a 128 draw. They started doing that at the tennis majors a number of years ago, and it's definitely fairer. The possibility of two top 20 players meeting in the first round of a tournament with 128 players just shouldn't exist.
              They've stopped doing that now. Starting at this years Australian Open it's back to only 16 seeds (might be next year though).

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                Swings and roundabouts really,if I was a new player on the tour or an amateur given a wild card I'd view a match against Peter Lines as every bit as hard as against any of the top 32, just depends on how a player plays at the time.
                And you only have to look at the swathes of empty seats at the recent UK arena with top 32 player matches to conclude its a bit of a nothing burger tbh.

Comment

Is it me or does Judd look like he's trying to simultaneously don 3 hairstyles?
                  "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                  National Snooker Expo
                  25-27 October 2019
                  http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I am certain if Eden had won this match nothing would have been said i think the way he lost from being 3-1 up is more to do with himself and no by his opponent.
                    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                      They've stopped doing that now. Starting at this years Australian Open it's back to only 16 seeds (might be next year though).
                      I heard something about that. Apparently it'll be starting in 2019. Seems like a bad idea to me.

Comment

Ding is having a dreadful end of the year. No he has lost to Rory McLeod....come on.....He needs Santa to bring hime a new A game!
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                          Ding is having a dreadful end of the year. No he has lost to Rory McLeod....come on.....He needs Santa to bring hime a new A game!
                          I think he's lost interest since his mother passed...
                          Mourning affects everyone differently. It may take him a while until he decides that the game is worth it.
                          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Probably a better quarter-final lineup than at the UK. There have been fewer upsets despite the fact that it's been best of 7 matches so far.

Six of the eight players left have won at least three ranking titles. The other two players (Xiao and Cao) are extremely talented and probably should be ranked higher than they are.

Should be some great matches later today.

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                              I think he's lost interest since his mother passed...
                              Mourning affects everyone differently. It may take him a while until he decides that the game is worth it.
                              Very good point. I had forgotten about that, but you could be exactly right there.
                              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I will be about tomorrow if anybody wants to buy me a pint!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X