• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What faults ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      What faults ?
      Must have had two, because the one he sold in 2016 was perfect and only used by him a few times at home

'Jason Owen cue 191 - 1 piece (?310)
      2 years old and only played a few times with it at home.
      Cue is in perfect condition and like brand new'

Comment

But for me is a horrible memory of order a tailor-made lonergan cue in J.P.Mannock style

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker082005 View Post
          But for me is a horrible memory of order a tailor-made lonergan cue in J.P.Mannock style
          What was horrible about it?

I have ordered a Lonergan cue in a mannock style
          Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker082005 View Post
            His cues looks to be very well made, what was so bad about it?

Comment

In first confirmed order moment, he say take 3~4 months can complete the cue.
              But after 3 months later, he message me ,after he cut in size of the maple shaft ,and made in cue shape, the wood density not stiff enough !
              because i order the spec is 9.5mm tip and 29mm butt ?! This spec is over 3 cues i order to other cue marker.
              He suggest me if the shaft in Ash wood is easy to control the density condition ( i never understand what the difference) , But fine, i agreed to him to change the shaft and waiting another 6 months !!
              Final i received the cue is poor finishing , not same as J.P./ Dave Cott or other UK cue marker.The cue shaft is extremely dry, seem no treat cue oil. and the butt end is without oil treatment or fine polish.
              I need to touch up by myself to re-fine the finishing.
              The cue shaft is very strong like to become pregnant !!! i told him my usual use the cue is Mike cue in silm cue shaft, he reply he fully understand how to made for me.
              And use this cue around 3 weeks, i find the brass ferrule is insert to the wooden shaft.
              i need change in H.K. by my cost.
              The cue repairing guide told me the original ferrule is screw in type, but the cue marker is punch-in to the shaft.
              This is my nightmare in last year

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
                Hi All,

Im looking at getting a new cue made and want to try a maker I have never used before.

Having had a look at pictures on the web Im split between Jason Owen and Jonathan Lonergan.

Could anybody give any advice on which one to go with?

cheers
                I see in a later post you went with the Lonergan cue. Good choice in my opinion. He doesn't charge the earth and makes great cues. His customer service is great too, seems like a sound guy.

Comment

I own a Jason Owens. Apart from it being over due a couple of months which I anticipated because hardly any of my cues have been on time. And the fact his awful laminated tip fell off within a week...over all the cue is extremely good quality and I would highly recommend him...just not the tips.

Comment

Lonergans cues are ok if you put a mop head on the end of it

Comment

Johnathan Lonergan's cues are good quality.
                      Last edited by jamesg19851; 24 August 2018, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Derrick Duval View Post
                        Lonergans cues are ok if you put a mop head on the end of it
                        No need for this kind of talk, you appear to be only here to cause trouble?

Comment

Not any more he isn't

Can't understand these brave keyboard warriors
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Not any more he isn't

Can't understand these brave keyboard warriors
                            Nice one Neil as he was saying things like this in a few makers...
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

No point in having people like that on the Forum . Doesn't offer anything .

I knew within 2 posts of his that he wouldn't last on here a week .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I would recommend Mike Wooldridge, fast delivery and the finish and playability i.e., balance, feel, feedback etc. Is absolutely amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X