Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I look??

Hi everyone,

Another video here explaining what I think your eyes should be doing when playing a shot:

Hope this helps some people. Like and subscribe to my channel for more videos!
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice one Steve,
    do you think this is good coaching ?

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I genuinely think Barry Stark is an excellent coach. That video looks spot on to me.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
        I genuinely think Barry Stark is an excellent coach. That video looks spot on to me.
        I think it's terrible, for a start her cue is taller than she is and the marks he's making on it mean that she can't use the cues natural balance. He tells her too much too soon and her head is too full of technique.
        It's clear she's a complete novice but is really keen to play the game and Stark should really do his best to get her a cue that fits her height before telling her where to hold something far too long for her. He brings her bridge back from the 12.5 inches that it was to only 10 inches and brings her grip hand forward so that she's holding it very near the 3/4 joint with about 16 inches of cue behind her grip hand.

It's all well and good doing a coaching course but grip and stance are different for all, there is no absolute correct way as everyones eyes see the shot differently.
        I hope you bear this in mind when coaching one to one and don't allow your diploma to dictate what you yourself have learned through your own experience.

By video 2 her cue has been cut down but still comes up to her eyes from the floor, he asks her to pot a few easy balls around the blue spot, which she does, tells her she's not holding the cue in the proper place, makes adjustments to remedy that and she immediately misses the balls she was potting earlier and he tells her not to worry
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          Hi everyone,

Another video here explaining what I think your eyes should be doing when playing a shot:

Hope this helps some people. Like and subscribe to my channel for more videos!
          Hi Steve,

Good video, I do two or three preliminary feathers looking at the white, and then on my final backswing, I look early at the object ball before delivering. You are right, it's personal to you and noone should tell you what to do as there is no right way of doing it!

I'd like to see more of these videos too!
          Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Working...
          X