Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Club League in Germany

Hey Guys,
    we are a very small Club (rougly 18 members) in Germany and playing only a Club League against each other.
    So our system right now is that everybody competes against each other (only the players who wants to play in the club league (10 to 12 players). We are playing best of 5. You get a point for playing a match, for every frame you win and for every match you win. So if you win a match you can earn 5 points. That sets our ranking for the final series, where the best 4 players compete.
    So we are not 100% sure of that mode. My first question is: do you guys have other ideas to setup a club league?

Another question I got is that we have only two tables, so tournaments with 8 or 10 players take a whole day to complete. Mostly we are playing only best of 3 for those tournaments but our skill level isn't that high, so frames take a while. Do you have some ideas for a tournament mode which will speed things up? I know 6 reds could be a solution but we like to play real snooker.

I hope you can help us.
    Greetings from Germany.
    Vincent

Hi Vincent,

maybe you can try 6-reds for the tournaments

regards
    matt

Comment

Originally Posted by vincccent View Post
      Hey Guys,
      we are a very small Club (rougly 18 members) in Germany and playing only a Club League against each other.
      So our system right now is that everybody competes against each other (only the players who wants to play in the club league (10 to 12 players). We are playing best of 5. You get a point for playing a match, for every frame you win and for every match you win. So if you win a match you can earn 5 points. That sets our ranking for the final series, where the best 4 players compete.
      So we are not 100% sure of that mode. My first question is: do you guys have other ideas to setup a club league?

Another question I got is that we have only two tables, so tournaments with 8 or 10 players take a whole day to complete. Mostly we are playing only best of 3 for those tournaments but our skill level isn't that high, so frames take a while. Do you have some ideas for a tournament mode which will speed things up? I know 6 reds could be a solution but we like to play real snooker.

I hope you can help us.
      Greetings from Germany.
      Vincent
      I think your only real options are:

6 reds
      10 reds
      1 frame (standard rules)
      1 frame (shootout style rules)
      1 frame (timed, but standard rules)

You could of course do longer matches for the final and maybe semi-finals.

When I played pool tournaments at University, the plan was always best of 3 in the early rounds, then best of 5 and best of 7, in reality it turned into best of 1 until the quarter finals, then best of 3 for the quarter and semi and best of 5 for the final (i.e. you can adjust depending on the time you have remaining).

Actually just thought of one more option...best of 2 with a blackball shootout if it ends 1-1 (could even make it like penalties as they do in Chinese 8-Ball :-)
      Last edited by vjmehra; 1 October 2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

With your club being so small, what is the rush?
        Why not play longer matches over a longer period of time?
        Players can arrange their matches with each other when it suits them...
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
        X