English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    It’s just the excuse the RO haters we’re waiting for, isn’t it? And no I don’t say this as a fan. As it happens I’m pretty neutral when it comes to O’Sullivan, but the suggestion he knew about the foul is ludicrous. As another poster said there was so much more going on. He was lifting a rest and his cue together, with all the knocking and rattling that entails. The contact was minimal. Quite frankly I’m amazed so many people can’t see all of this, but as I say some people just can’t wait to pounce.
    I've been a huge fan of his for over two decades, want him to win every tournament he enters.

But I've also played snooker a fair bit and once again I'll say that I can't see how anyone who has played a bit can claim he didn't feel that. It's like saying a footballer wouldn't notice the ball hitting him on the head just because he wasn't looking at it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      Carter was at fault for that one, try again.
      Opinions vary....
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Opinions vary....
        'Point Break' by any chance?
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          'Point Break' by any chance?
          Roadhouse ; )

How are you Marc? Glad to see the business still progressing, the cues look great.
          Last edited by Cue crafty; 21 October 2018, 04:55 PM.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Roadhouse ; )

How are you Marc? Glad to see the business still progressing, the cues look great.
            'Roadhouse,' that's what I meant! Maybe you should try Barber school!

Yep, not too bad mate, slowly building stock and trying to grow a little to get the name out there. Getting some really nice cues in now which is nice.

Just starting to do a few stands at comps, that's a lot of hard work!

The guys were talking about the Ronnie incident today and saying he wasn't exactly convincing at the interview afterwards? I haven't seen any of it so was curious if this was the case?

Looking at his next game it clearly affected him, shame all round by the sounds of it.

Comment

'Roadhouse,' that's what I meant! Maybe you should try Barber school!

Yep, not too bad mate, slowly building stock and trying to grow a little to get the name out there. Getting some really nice cues in now which is nice.

Just starting to do a few stands at comps, that's a lot of hard work!

The guys were talking about the Ronnie incident today and saying he wasn't exactly convincing at the interview afterwards? I haven't seen any of it so was curious if this was the case?

Looking at his next game it clearly affected him, shame all round by the sounds of it.
              the interview is here
              http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...011#post968011
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                Wrong, cue was in the rest at the time and it was a quick glancing contact that moved the red a couple of inches. If the cue wasn't in the rest he would have felt it and called it himself.
                Because the cue is in the rest and both are moving as one, there is more mass in motion than if it were just the cue, so at the point of impact you would actually feel it more, not less. The cue and rest move as one smoothly to the side before contacting the red, the cue does not move within the rest, or away from it until after contact has been made.

Note (Billy) there is absolutely no other noise at the point of contact, just one solid clunk of cue on ball. I'm bemused by the idea that anyone who's ever played the game could believe that they could miss such a clumsy clonk. You'd have to be blind, deaf, and wearing boxing gloves to miss this one.

And I don't care who's at the end of the cue one iota, there's no way a pro could miss this.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Thanks for the link, that was an awkward interview!

Comment

• English Open 2018

must get myself a Swiss watch.....Wonder where I can get one from?

Comment

• Bad miss by Stuart in the 1st frame, Mark needs to win this frame in one visit .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                        But they don’t do Rolex !
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                          Iv'e got one or 2

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Iv'e got one or 2
                            I'm surprised you'd let such cheap tat anywhere near your wrist JRC.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Iv'e got one or 2
                              Are you an Octopus JRC?

Comment

Are you an Octopus JRC?
                                7 days in a week mate, the rest i have to wear in bed

Comment

Working...
                                X