No announcement yet.

Unintentional Left Side (Right Handed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintentional Left Side (Right Handed)

Hi
    I have been playing snooker for more than 2 years now. I am struggling with a issue since start. The issue is title that i put unintentional left side on cue ball. Its just at the moment of contact. I have noticed that my elbow always drops towards my back a bit. I always ensure to lightest grip so that cue may slide easily through it. When i play up and down on spots it always come around 2 balls distance left of my cue when i hit the chalk mark. I have also asked my friend to check that if i am aiming center. Its just the moment when my tip going to hit the cue ball my grip hand moves away a bit and then back in. It happens within 1 or 2 frames of video. This is a video from back its little bit weird but you guys can see how loose the grip hand is.

https://youtu.be/PFYBF5jdVSg

https://youtu.be/W6W_noPadWM

Also i had two coaches in past that were unable to solve this. I always hit to the left of pocket

Unintentional side spin is caused if the cueing isn’t straight. To check if you are cueing straight try this: Put the cue ball on the brown spot and any other ball on the cushion just above the black spot. The idea is that the cue ball and the ball on the cushion are on the same line. Hit the cue ball at the center and see if the cue ball hits the cushion and comes straight back to the brown spot. If there is any side spin the cue ball won’t come back to the brown spot. Hope it helps. Practice this shot repeatedly till the cueing is straight.
    Last edited by fkhan; 18 June 2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Looks to me like you're cueing around your chest. Try keeping the elbow high.

Comment

any idea how to keep it more high than this?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Unintentional side spin is caused if the cueing isn’t straight. To check if you are cueing straight try this: Put the cue ball on the brown spot and any other ball on the cushion just above the black spot. The idea is that the cue ball and the ball on the cushion are on the same line. Hit the cue ball at the center and see if the cue ball hits the cushion and comes straight back to the brown spot. If there is any side spin the cue ball won’t come back to the brown spot. Hope it helps. Practice this shot repeatedly till the cueing is straight.
          I always end up to the left of my cue when i hit the spot behind the black

Comment

Why do you have 2 threads on this?

Have a loom at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tic1asGEUkw re contact point stuff and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQ8AOLGFxE is the first part.

Comment

Originally Posted by motasimalibhatti View Post
              any idea how to keep it more high than this?
              I would suggest study the cue action of some of the pros. Especially Barry Hawkins and Ding. Maybe try to copy it as much as you can in a practice session and see if that works for you. Or go on YouTube and find some videos of J6uk. They are very educational as well in that respect.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                I would suggest study the cue action of some of the pros. Especially Barry Hawkins and Ding. Maybe try to copy it as much as you can in a practice session and see if that works for you. Or go on YouTube and find some videos of J6uk. They are very educational as well in that respect.
                Its working and I am working more on it to refine but the problem I am facing is that my Thumb Knucle hits in my lower ribs. Whenever this happen I cue straight but after some time my ribs start to hurt. Any solution?

Comment

honestly your action and delivery looks perfect to me. Nice pull back and good follow through with a completed elbow drop and straight cueing. All you have to work on is aiming correctly from trial and error and hours of practice imo.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                    honestly your action and delivery looks perfect to me. Nice pull back and good follow through with a completed elbow drop and straight cueing. All you have to work on is aiming correctly from trial and error and hours of practice imo.
                    I too love the way I pull back and deliver the cue but I get frustrated when I miss easy mid range straight shots and roll up shots. They will destroy my confidence in frame when I miss that. So I decided to leave elbow drop for now because it helps to move less body parts and gives more feedback on delivery. Now a days I am only facing problem i.e. thumb knuckle hitting my ribs on followthorugh

Comment

Working...
                    X