1hour practice session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1hour practice session

Hello. I usually get of from work at 5. I have access to a snooker table wich i try to use as much as I can. Most during weekends. After work I have around an hour / hour and a half. So what would you suggest doing this one hour session, as I want to improve. I usually play matches with friends during weekends. Btw My highest break is 33. Two blacks of the spot during a match and im impressed with myself

you could try a few of the routines on this thread

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...allenge-Thread

or if you have an i phone go to the store and download the Ding Junhui International snooker Ap - its free and has lots of routines for all levels of play

Comment

I am in a similar situation. I can have an hour of practise early every morning and the facilities are excellent. However, after 12 years away from the game, my standard is now very poor compared with what it once was. Since I feel most complex practise routines are a waste of time until I get some sort of smooth stroke and timing back, I think potting blacks off the spot is the way to go, concentrating on cue delivery. Just keep potting and try and get back on the black each time and see how many you can get. Maybe try for ten minutes and then take five off and then go again. I also set the blue up and try to pot it in the corners with the white on the green then the yellow spot. Again concentrate on the cue delivery. I count how many pots I get over ten tries, five from each side. I used to pot all ten and now my best is only seven and an average is about four or five. I have only been back for two weeks, but I don't feel good on the shot and clearly have a long way to go.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        you could try a few of the routines on this thread

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...allenge-Thread

or if you have an i phone go to the store and download the Ding Junhui International snooker Ap - its free and has lots of routines for all levels of play
        Wise words, learn from Ding, the break-building master. Knock that 33 up to 50 in no time.

Comment

20 mins of long blues to perfect your cueing. Stuns. Follow through and screw backs.

20 mins of continuous blacks. Pot the black and leave yourself position to pot the black again.

20 mins clearing the colours.

Comment

Yeah -
            Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
            Wise words, learn from Ding, the break-building master. Knock that 33 up to 50 in no time.
            Yes I agree - I really enjoy using that particular application in my own game and see a lot of value in these particular routines as they cover safety and positional play break building canon making and all the key elements you need - I can't believe it was free - I have been using it for a few years now - quality.

Easy to carry your phone to the club and click through on your phone and the routines go from basic to intermediate and advanced and is rather challenging and worthwhile I think for any level of player even duffers like me - it was obviously designed by someone who knows his stuff. Its very similar to an old ap I bought which was made by another great coach/player called Mike Dunn.

I think for the posters on this site if you couple solo routine practice doing routines then perhaps have a few hours every other month or so with a good coach you can map your progress and keep track of your improvements better.

Comment

You talk about that Ding App Byrom which TBH I'm surprised Canadian Edwards on the other thread ain't using this, there's some tricky ones and some difficult ones on there which will get his cueing going.

Comment

anyone know if it is available on Android?
                I have tried to find it but no joy
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  in the same boat
                  waiting for all advices gang
                  care

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    You talk about that Ding App Byrom which TBH I'm surprised Canadian Edwards on the other thread ain't using this, there's some tricky ones and some difficult ones on there which will get his cueing going.
                    Yeah I did tell him - he does not listen sometimes but not easy for him as he lives miles from any other players and I think because he is isolated out in the wilds in Canada he enjoys the banter with the members like Ted on here - it seems to keep him motivated more.

I don't think its available on android Dean -

The Mike Dunn one might be though - that was similar

Comment

Yeah I did tell him - he does not listen sometimes but not easy for him as he lives miles from any other players and I think because he is isolated out in the wilds in Canada he enjoys the banter with the members like Ted on here - it seems to keep him motivated more.

Afternoon, what platforms was the Mike Dunn app on? I've got a mate in the snooker doldrums and I need to fire him up, was my former skipper.

Comment

Hi guys I did download Dings app on both my iPhone and iPad but your right I have been sticking to my challenges and always enjoy a few chats along the way on TSF.
                        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Told u 100 times ! Lol !! iPhone is The best !!

Comment

Working...
                          X