Any aeon one pieces about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any aeon one pieces about?

Saw one on ebay a few months back. Quite fancy one if there are any about...

Some nice cues, think they were made by Garrison.

Comment

Quite right , Andy , in that Garrison was Aeons parent company . There is a large thread on here with some good input from the lads who are based in the Coventry / W.Mids area . They also used to make Riley Burwats & Professionals under licence as well as cues for H & O . The cues are quite sought after because invariably they are good playing cues. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Never knew that about the last professional which was one of my favourite cues, remember when Higgins and Burnett played with them in their early days.

Comment

There's actually not that many 1pc Aeons about at all most were jointed, best hope is the Riley Burwat & Riley Professional as more of these made, generally only in 57" long though.
          The professional had an indian rosewood butt which to this day is one of the nicest looking cues i've ever seen, and the rare Aeon Specials with the individually numbered brass badges were fantastic.
          Last edited by CueAntW147; 24 March 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies but lets not talk the prices up too much until I've found one!
            My first cue was one I bought from a friend. It was 3/4 but had a centre joint added too unfortunately. Was probably a great cue until then. Always loved the spiroloc joint and would consider a nice 3/4 if one comes up...

Comment

most will be 3/4 cues.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                There's actually not that many 1pc Aeons about at all most were jointed, best hope is the Riley Burwat & Riley Professional as more of these made, generally only in 57" long though.
                The professional had an indian rosewood butt which to this day is one of the nicest looking cues i've ever seen, and the rare Aeon Specials with the individually numbered brass badges were fantastic.
                The professionals in the 80 that I saw were hand spliced ebony butt with either a green or orange veneer, still have an odd silver coloured nameplate about as I used to do all Riley repairs in Scotland.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                  The professionals in the 80 that I saw were hand spliced ebony butt with either a green or orange veneer, still have an odd silver coloured nameplate about as I used to do all Riley repairs in Scotland.
                  Yes your right mate there were quite a few versions some with plain ebony, i should have put the professional i had and some others i've seen had indian rosewood which had the nicest grain pattern i've seen.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    most will be 3/4 cues.
                    the three I have seen were all 3/4
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I have owned a " Big Dave Dolman " centre joint by Aeon ( I think there was a Ross McInnes one as well ) 1 x centre joint Aeon Elite h/s . 2 x more centre and 4/5 jointed Aeons ( the 4/5 is a spiro , the centre is 5/16 " pin ) , 2 x 3/4 Aeon Elite h/s Pro Series and a 3/4 Garrison as well as a centre joint h/s Riley Burwat wood to wood joint and a 3/4 Riley Burwat with a 25 1/2 " Ebony butt designed to be a long butt like Jimmys. I would love to own a one piece Aeon but as Ant says they are rare .

Comment

Working...
                      X