Chesworth Cues Sheffield review and my experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Martin is the main UK dealer for mastercue, you can be guaranteed that he'd get looked after better(in terms of getting sent quality over quantity) than say blue moon leisure which you could get the same model cheaper...

I'd rather take the risk with Martin and pay a bit extra to be honest...
    that would also apply to craftsman cues.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      If I was going to drive 220 miles I think I would have gone to Craftsman Cues at Kippax. I visited Chesworth Cues a couple of years ago and have to agree that Martin is a nice helpful guy with a genuine interest in cues. Does prattle on a bit tho lol. I found his prices a bit highbut what you have to remember is he's trying to make a living. Shops like this are in short supply and I wouldn't want to see him go bust by trying to compete with Internet prices. If there was a shop like Chesworth's near me where you could "try before you buy" I would happily pay a bit more for a cue.
      I agree, it's quite an expensive service that these guys provide and depending on the relative demand in different areas the prices they charge would also vary.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        that would also apply to craftsman cues.
        My experienced with Chesworth was exceptional....spending over 3hrs knocking balls in with different cues can't be beaten......I remember going to John Parris over 15yrs, he didn't even want you to put any chalk on the tip, as he didn't want the cues to look used!
        Safety doesn't win frames.......Potting does!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dozza19792 View Post
          My experienced with Chesworth was exceptional....spending over 3hrs knocking balls in with different cues can't be beaten......I remember going to John Parris over 15yrs, he didn't even want you to put any chalk on the tip, as he didn't want the cues to look used!
          Yep, you could drop 700-1000 and not get a pot out of some sellers. Trying a cue before you but it; priceless.

Comment

What about Chesworth brand cues? I am looking to buy a cue soon and I've seen probably three of his maples and they all looked good. Here's one that's just come on.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Martin-Che...item25a42e5510

Comment

Originally Posted by Cuehead View Post
              What about Chesworth brand cues? I am looking to buy a cue soon and I've seen probably three of his maples and they all looked good. Here's one that's just come on.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Martin-Che...item25a42e5510
              He said me that he makes so few cues these days, that when he doesn't he tries to limit them to bespoke specials as he enjoys making them most......plus its more cost effect that way for him too.

Comment

Looks a good un

Comment

Originally Posted by Dozza19792 View Post
                  He said me that he makes so few cues these days, that when he doesn't he tries to limit them to bespoke specials as he enjoys making them most......plus its more cost effect that way for him too.
                  Chesworth cues were made by craftsman cues weren't they

Comment

Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
                    Chesworth cues were made by craftsman cues weren't they
                    Quite possibly. Think Martin tinkers a bit and sticks his badge on a few cues. Not sure if he ever makes a cue from scratch. His shop is worth a visit. He had a Mastercue on sale when I visited and I regret not buying it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                      Quite possibly. Think Martin tinkers a bit and sticks his badge on a few cues. Not sure if he ever makes a cue from scratch. His shop is worth a visit. He had a Mastercue on sale when I visited and I regret not buying it.
                      The shop is a good one...I can heartedly recommend a visit.....as far as his cue making prowess, can't comment.

Comment

My own mastercue was purchased there.
                        1427591191060.gif
                        1427591214084.gif
                        Its a beauty!

Comment

i went to chesworth cues shop yesterday after my first session in qualifiers, needed to get kamuis to change my tip, very nice guy, very helpful. shop looked good, lots of cues, leather cases and a table to try cues on. would recommend going checking it out.

Comment

top bloke in the right place home of snooker,lol

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              ebay prices are always to get you to buy direct they charge a fortune! martin is a nice guy and has always been happy to help me when i am short of stock and visa versa, personally i would highly recommend him.
                              Agreed. Martin is a top guy! Highly recommended!

Comment

I purchase a cue from him, he was very helpfull and gave me some freebies before I left the store. store was really busy, the wold championship was on at the crucible. Got a good price for a cue that would have cost me a bundle for shipping if purchased online. Cheers,
                                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X