No announcement yet.

help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are obviously a high standard player going by what you say. Do you feel nervous, do you have butterflies, clammy hands, back hand trembling?

Comment

help !

got to be a wind up

Comment

help !

yeah i do get nervous, hands shaking a bit

Comment

Originally Posted by iro-147 View Post
          trust me i have fell apart i a big way. i had a league match last night got distroyed 6 in off's could not pot a ball unless it was over the pocket. an hour before i was practicing, one red and the colours cleared the table 5/5 went to the match confident.
          Just treat your match like practice. No great importance win or lose, your not exactly playing in a pro tournament where it's your livelihood. Your placing to much importance on it, just try to relax and do exactly same as your practice. Especially with your background being so good, it will soon come back.

Comment

help !

Thank you
            i hope it comes back soon.

Comment

I get nervous in league snooker, but even if I'm physically shaking on the shot, I can still make more than 3 balls. Sounds crazy to be honest.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

help !

crazy is the right word. not being able to pot a ball is mental.

Comment

hi all.

I have been around snooker and playing it for over 20 years. I as have many of you seen many club players get to a standard of making century breaks. at no point do you see them do what you are saying happens to you. I myself can make centuries now and then in practice from the line up but I am unable to do it in matches. just that I am not good enough yet in my match play. I do not believe any player capable of total clearances can then play as bad as you say you do. You say have made a 145, was this practice or match play?

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                    got to be a wind up
                    I don't like to not help new members but this certainly seems like a wind up to me too. Its like a golfer saying I go round in 68 in practice but can only manage 131 in a competition. If you can make centuries in practice then your nerves would have to be so bad that you could hardly hold the cue before you were struggling to pot 3 balls in a row.

Comment

help !

i do realise that some of you find my lssue hard to believe so instead of saying nerves i will call it stress. when i shake hands and start a match i fall apart unable to cue straight, snatch it is more like mental block. i don't start shaking uncontrollably i just lose my ability to play.

Comment

but you said you get 50' 60's 70's regular in one frame matches?

Is this a recent thing or just one or two bad games?

Comment

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps8prqhbhf.png

You just need a cue like this to settle your nerves

Comment

Originally Posted by 2v1977 View Post

your obsessed

Comment

help !

i agree, i am going to practice with an opponent not just on my own and try to relax.

Comment

Originally Posted by 2v1977 View Post

Hope u do'nt mind me asking this ,, I know a few players who can play very well and they do'nt need such a cue to settle their nerves !!! Is that a coincidence (exception) ??
                                Nice cue ,, btw !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X