Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue question... Plz help

Hello everyone.

I have been considering buying a few and am at the final stage of deciding. However a couple of cue sellers in the uk have told me that Master cue of Thailand is better than Peradon of UK. Is that true ?

I have been using a Peradon for a long time now however I'm ready get something good as I'm changing my cue for some reasons.

Let's not talk about expensive cues as I can't afford that.

So tell me which one should I go for? A Peradon or a Master cue or even Cue Craft??? Which is Better and why?

If I were to get a master cue would I regret it ?

Regards Sidd
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Master cues are good , however there are different level of quality, top end you are looking at £280 so not that cheap really.

you can get a hand made one for that price, cue craft are not bad, they have some good ones. but to be honest I think when buying a cue its all about feel. you need to try it out so it would be advisable if you could find a store that sells them and has a table so you could try some out would be better.

you can sometimes pick up a cheaper cue and it feels right for you. I have had many cues from master cue, tony glover to Robin Cook.
    it takes time to find one that feels right, in terms of length, weight, balance point, tip size..etc. once you find the right specs for you then you can just buy any with the same specs and they should be ok.

or you can even get one made with the same specs and should feel right.

so I'm afraid there is no magic cue, you will just have to experiment, after all its not about how good the cue is, its how well you can play with it.

Comment

Sidd, there is only one Peradon worth trying and that's the Newbury. The reason is that it's probably the best value laminated shaft cue right now out there. Apart from that, Peradon make ok cues but they're poor value. Cannon cues (owned by Peradon) are nearly as good and much better value.

Cue craft are better quality if you want British and the Thai cue makers are the best quality and best value right now. Master Craft, O'min, Phoenix, etc, they'd all be good choices for an off the shelf cue.

But if you have a cue shop near you and you can try a Master Craft cue, then go with Master Craft over O'min or Phoenix etc. If you can try an O'min, I'd go for that as it's better value than Master Craft and the quality is the same. If you have to buy over the internet, then for an O'min from Welsh Pool if he can get you a 59".
      Last edited by Master Blaster; 12 March 2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Sidd, a member is selling a Parris cue on ebay that may interest you as it's 60" long:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2217115781...894&rmvSB=true

You may be able to negotiate a lower price (?) off ebay as it will save him some fees. It's at the top end of your budget, but it's a Parris! Be quick.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...559#post829559

Comment

Or you can have a custom made cue for £165 delivered in 6 weeks from this seller:

https://www.facebook.com/Snookercuesuk

Comment

Hi Sidd

As you are already using a Peradon cue take a look here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...BzUS6Uz4dGAvmw

By the way you can ONLY buy a nice cue after feeling it in your hands. No one can buy you a cue that you'd like.

Comment

yes i liked it, thanks for sharing.

Got a Britannia one piece so lets see how that goes.
              "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Working...
              X