No announcement yet.

Your first century.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose a brake count if your not playing an opponent .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slaternator View Post
      Dose a brake count if your not playing an opponent .
      No, sorry. It's good as a reference point but you need an opponent and match play for it to have any real meaning. I have made many centuries in practise but never in a match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
        No, sorry. It's good as a reference point but you need an opponent and match play for it to have any real meaning. I have made many centuries in practise but never in a match.
        Yea completely different game in matchplay.....circumstantial pressure plays a huge role.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          Well done Mark! Brilliant achievement!
          Thanks Ted, my nerves were shot in the 80s onwards, just tried to keep focusing and working out what colour I needed to get to to make the ton lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
            Just got back from my snooker club, and I'm happy to report that I made my first century in a frame against my mate. My break was 112 and I missed the last black that was probably easier for me to pot. Two lads stopped their game on next table and watched me from 70 odd and I was bricking it. Held myself together, had to cut the brown in to yellow pocket for century and played it dead weight in to the centre of pocket then gave it the fist pump. Never thought I'd do it. Totally buzzing!
            Awesome, congratz!

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
              Awesome, congratz!
              Thanks Oma, glad the practice and hard work has paid off. Hope I can kick on now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                Chuffed for you - you can retire happy now everything else is a bonus
                Thanks Byrom. I laid a ghost to rest as well. The century came on the same table that retired me 20 years ago, back then I missed a shot and snapped my cue and gave the game up. So pleased the brown went in for 101 or my JP might have been in danger lol

Comment

• well done on the ton

how much sleep did you get that night? how much did you annoy the missus with the shot-by-shot analysis to 2am :biggrin:
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    well done on the ton

how much sleep did you get that night? how much did you annoy the missus with the shot-by-shot analysis to 2am :biggrin:
                    Not much sleep Dean, no Mrs but I told anyone that would listen and was still thinking about the break in to the early hours. More the nerves from 70 onwards knowing it was a great chance and my 3 mates watching me. Cue arm was like jelly in 90s lol

Comment

Thanks Byrom. I laid a ghost to rest as well. The century came on the same table that retired me 20 years ago, back then I missed a shot and snapped my cue and gave the game up. So pleased the brown went in for 101 or my JP might have been in danger lol
                      Yep happy days - that is the big one and a major milestone in your snooker life achieved - many never make it but you did so well done you got that monkey off your back and can kiss it goodbye -

Comment

• Great video Byrom lol. It feels like a weight has been lifted. Gonna work even harder now, want my next one.

Comment

Great video Byrom lol. It feels like a weight has been lifted. Gonna work even harder now, want my next one.
                          Yep been there done that lol - They can never take that moment away from you so remember how it felt and savour that moment - someone told me they -tons- will come along like buses after the first but it felt like I was waiting for the outer circle to Australia for a while there - the addiction got worse after my ton. Welcome to the neverhappywithsnookerraisedexpectationonestepforwa rdsandtwostepsbackthisgamedoesyerheadinmustbethecu enotmewhydidInottakeupgolf -club.com
                          Last edited by Byrom; 26 March 2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• sorry been away from the site for what feels like an age, lots of things going on. But my first ton was a year into playing. I had a 54 against a lad up my club within two weeks of starting to play snooker, mind u i was playing for a couple of hours a day after school, then nothing for about a month, then steady 50's and 60's in most sessions. Then around the turn of the year of me playing i made a 106 on the same table as my 54. felt amazing. i will always remember that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by biffer View Post
                              ... I had a 54 against a lad up my club within two weeks of starting to play snooker, mind u i was playing for a couple of hours a day after school...
                              Hmm sorry but i find that impossible to believe

Comment

• maybe i should of elaborated a little more, had a backgroung in pool. been playing for years before i played snooker, normal pool 8 ball. monday and tuesday nights for 3 years plus county youth team pool. i really put a lot of time into the game, practiced when ever i could, then moved on to snooker, i already had a solid stance, was a confident newbie, i guess a little luck was thrown into the mix too. when i re-read my post it seemed a little cocky, sorry if that offended and came across arrogant. hope that gave a little more insight into my previous post.

Comment

Working...
                                X