The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    I totally agree with this, I think it will build confidence and increase high runs...
    You guys could be we right but we will see. Today I worked on my own routine to help with my middle pocket misses. I setup 15 reds from pink to brown and worked at it for three hours potting all reds to either side and the first thing I noticed I was spending way to much time once down on the shot fiddling with my cue trying to get the alignment right when this should be all done before you drop down on the shot. So I started standing back on line of aim and then walking into the shot dropping down and playing the shot. I then started to make them. I worked hard on it and very happy to say I cleared all the Reds twice. Tomorrow I will work on the six red clearance and also the new challenge. TD and myself are running our own tournament this coming weekend.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Not sure what that is all about but I am really enjoying the new Challenge. 2 Pinks n 3 Blacks for 38. My little middle pocket routine really helped with my confidence when it comes to potting pinks in the side. I hope to work on the new challenge later today.

Comment

• Could get some of those special snooker glasses Les ?

Comment

• 4 hours for 6 frames at tournaments. That sounds about right to me for amateurs who are reasonably matched, but not potential world beaters. Less than 40 minute per frame if there were small toilet breaks. Not sure what anyone expected there?
            Even the top professionals average somewhere around 15 to 20 minutes or so. I wouldn't expect any amateurs to get even close to that tournament average, especially if they have to try and play hard match snooker.
            I think people should time their matches next time they play someone at a tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ace man View Post
              4 hours for 6 frames at tournaments. That sounds about right to me for amateurs who are reasonably matched, but not potential world beaters. Less than 40 minute per frame if there were small toilet breaks. Not sure what anyone expected there?
              Even the top professionals average somewhere around 15 to 20 minutes or so. I wouldn't expect any amateurs to get even close to that tournament average, especially if they have to try and play hard match snooker.
              I think people should time their matches next time they play someone at a tournament.
              We played six frames in our league match last week in just under three hours
              4 singles and two doubles and the standard isn't the best
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                Could get some of those special snooker glasses Les ?

Byrom, great video just what I need some 147 Glasses.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                  Lmao that video was awesome! and damn that guy had such a short backswing but was so precise. BOSS

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                    Lmao that video was awesome! and damn that guy had such a short backswing but was so precise. BOSS

Comment

• Today I ran 47 on the challenge. 5 Black 1 Pink then left myself tight against the cushion on a dead in red.... maybe tonight the 50 will come. Getting closer each time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                        WEEK EIGHT: 1 red Break

Position the red pink and black as shown in the image. Your goal is to make the biggest break you can using only one red. Every time you pot the red, fetch it back out and put it back in between the black and pink. Stay in good position and you should be aiming for at least 50+ break with this challenge.

Good luck!

[ATTACH]17698[/ATTACH]
                        Excellent thread lads

I only started d challenges yesterday, and could hardly manage 6 blacks off d spot and was clearing the colours 1/10 times.

However after an hour at this new challenge i made a few 40+ breaks and then went at the blacks for 15 mins.

In my first 2 attempts I ran 14 blacks!

I then went at d colours for 15 mins and cleared my first 2 attempts....... I made 4/10.

The new exercise seems to have clicked me into gear.

Onwards and upwards :snooker:
                        38 in a Tournament
                        98 in a Lineup

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leapfrog11 View Post
                          Excellent thread lads

I only started d challenges yesterday, and could hardly manage 6 blacks off d spot and was clearing the colours 1/10 times.

However after an hour at this new challenge i made a few 40+ breaks and then went at the blacks for 15 mins.

I then went at d colours for 15 mins and cleared my first 2 attempts....... I made 4/10.

That's great. It really is amazing how you can see how you start to improve in a short time. The latest challenge is a real good one. Really they all are great and all work on a different part of your game. Ted has really pushed me into a structured practice routine and it has worked.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leapfrog11 View Post
                            Excellent thread lads

Great to hear that it has helped your game! Stick at it and you should keep improving.
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I got there. 55, 6 Blacks and 1 Pink then I missed a half ball red in the corner. Always find if I miss its because I hit the near jaw and there really is no chance when it does that. I have to go back to Challenge 6 tomorrow.

Comment

• Bumpety bump
                                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X