j6 cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
    Them or planes are great to use and only quick blade adjustment is why some of the new ones are easier and can't beat the steel on the old blade's
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Must be an awful lot lighter and easier on the shoulder muscle too. My 18 inch long bed plane weighs a ton after an hour, something Newton didn't mention in his gravitation theory, the longer you hold something, the further you carry something the heavier it gets
    will put up some pics of the wood plane rebirth..

until then heres the latest im puting the finishing touches too:

wenge & ash
    19bp
    18.3oz

Last edited by j6uk; 23 May 2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• VERY VERY NICE, that shaft looks the business, hope it plays as well as it looks

Comment

• Originally Posted by matthias View Post
        VERY VERY NICE, that shaft looks the business, hope it plays as well as it looks
        we will find out tomorrow morning..

Comment

• cue review

https://youtu.be/FGMLoHSesBk

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post

until then heres the latest im puting the finishing touches too:

wenge & ash
          19bp
          18.3oz

Comment

• Cue looks very nice and you look to be hitting the ball well. What is your own normal cue length? 61" is a good bit longer than standard but it didn't seem to be causing you any problems.

Comment

• Finally seeing you use a cue that fits your physique Jason. You looked far more relaxed, straighter bridge arm, cue arm just behind the vertical at address with a slightly longer bridge for a longer backswing and follow through when needed. 61 inches too long for you at six foot four ? don't think so mate, stick with it.
              I know you disagree with me over this but a taller player needs a longer cue and three inches over standard is less than the width of your hand, nothing too severe at all. For sure you can compact your action to fit inside a standard length cue but why should you when there are cue makers like ourselves who can provide something that enables more relaxation in the stance.
              An extended standard length cue won't have the correct taper for it's length and could feel wrong, but one made to specs will have the correct taper for it's length and it's feel would be perfect. Taller man, longer legs and arms and bigger hands all have to be taken into consideration and you've nailed it with this one IMO.

All we need now are tables that can be jacked up when it's our turn.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• no doubt with a harder tip i could kinda get used to this, i just think the wood looses its vibe and consistancy if its too long. for me anything within 57.5-58.5 would be fine.

Comment

• Another nice cue 'J' and you don't seem to have too much trouble using it!

When I came back to snooker I had a 60" cue (I'm 6ft 2) and it felt fine (fairly straight bridge arm but not as pronounced as Joe Davis).

Had a frozen should and have had to use a 57.5" and be a bit more compact to get comfortable.

I wonder how many tall players don't use a cue proportional to their height and maintain a good standard (and I don't mean me!).

Nice work again though mate.
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    Another nice cue 'J' and you don't seem to have too much trouble using it!

When I came back to snooker I had a 60" cue (I'm 6ft 2) and it felt fine (fairly straight bridge arm but not as pronounced as Joe Davis).

Had a frozen should and have had to use a 57.5" and be a bit more compact to get comfortable.

I wonder how many tall players don't use a cue proportional to their height and maintain a good standard (and I don't mean me!).

Nice work again though mate.

cheers marc.

been dong some cutting and here some woods and veneers new and old;

left to right:
                    bubinga
                    mahogony
                    purple heart
                    black ebony
                    wenge
                    zebrano
                    macassar ebony

veneers:
                    bur maple
                    walnut
                    teak
                    coccobolo
                    wenge
                    black and white ebony

Last edited by j6uk; 26 May 2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Lots of choice there J, I do like a bit of black and white ebony.

Comment

• heres a cue that needed an op. will elaborate when done.. but with the cue being called "crown' had to give some pomp and ceremony to the job.

Last edited by j6uk; 26 May 2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• They'll be a few of those old Crown cues still in club racks. I take it this was a nice shaft.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                            They'll be a few of those old Crown cues still in club racks. I take it this was a nice shaft.
                            Yes but I think the long chunky ferrule and off set weight was holding the shaft back from performing on the table.

-
                            Last edited by j6uk; 27 May 2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Nice design, are you refitting the badge or keeping it as a round butt cue?

Comment

• Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                                Nice design, are you refitting the badge or keeping it as a round butt cue?
                                iv put this to one side for now along with a couple of others, but when i come back to it the priority will be to tweek it till it plays to its potencial.

Comment

Working...
                                X