• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mike Wooldridge BullsEye Brass Ferrule System

Any thoughts?
    https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Wooldr...v1Owqs&fref=nf
    #jeSuisByrom

Seems to be blackspin with a tougher ferrule from the looks of it.

Comment

https://youtu.be/B2K39j23yUk
      Last edited by CueAntW147; 9 March 2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Joking aside as someone who personally prefers more traditional things ( pigeon ring style in ferrules ) i do like the way Mike always looks at doing things differently with new innovations etc as the saying goes "do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always got" which can be a good thing, but no harm in trying new things.

It will all be about when people try them and see what they think, look forward to hearing the reviews.
        Last edited by CueAntW147; 9 March 2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
          Joking aside as someone who personally prefers more traditional things ( pigeon ring style in ferrules ) i do like the way Mike always looks at doing things differently with new innovations etc as the saying goes "do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always got" which can be a good thing, but no harm in trying new things.

It will all be about when people try them and see what they think, look forward to hearing the reviews.
          The weak point of blackspin was it wasn't that hard to make the ferrule wonky, if this is the same thing only in brass then its a good thing. Mike isn't afraid to try new things which is actually something a bit different for the cue industry.

Comment

This is the description in the cue surgery options:

Do you want brass ferrule that will never break or come loose?

Introducing the BullsEye Ferrule - Look like a normal brass ferrule but it's not...

Unbreakable brass ferrule system featuring the same unique core system as the BlackSpin ferrule. Suitable for those who prefer the look of a traditional brass ferrule look but want the advantages of the unique core fitting which makes the top of shaft stronger/stiffer and also makes it impossible for the ferrule to ever come loose or break off.

The perfect replacement for normal brass ferrules
            Increases stiffness for maximum power & punch on every shot
            Unique unbreakable design also makes this ideal for Pool break cues
            Lifetime Guarantee - Will never come loose or break the wood
            Includes:

Removal of existing ferrule/tip and the delicate operation of fitting the BullsEye Core & Ferrule System which increases the strength/stiffness at the top of shaft giving maximum power
            Light tapering of shaft - This is only done if it needs 'tweaking' (make it better) or if you specifically ask for it, but if you don't want it touched, just say
            MW SuperTip fitted as standard or choose VelvetSpin/BlackSpin
            Option to have tip size reduced (minimum 8mm) or the cue shortened
            Specify sizes and/or tip preference in Comments box during checkout
            Maybe while your cue is here, it is worth getting an MOT service? Cue returned better than new. Just saying...
            This is not just a simple re-ferrule job - Unique high precision procedure which results in a ferrule that will never break or come loose and gives the most solid and powerful hit possible. Perfect replacement for standard brass ferrules but also highly suitable for Pool break cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              The weak point of blackspin was it wasn't that hard to make the ferrule wonky, if this is the same thing only in brass then its a good thing. Mike isn't afraid to try new things which is actually something a bit different for the cue industry.

This is a good thing, as you say especially in the cue industry, i can understand people's concerns when paying a lot of money for a black spin ferrule to be worried about changing a tip and messing the ferrule up, it can happen with a normal brass ferrule but is easier and cheaper to sort out.

It's not practical to send it back every time you need a tip changing on a blackspin, so maybe this new ferrule is the answer to that.

Comment

Fair play, looking forward to trying one-Benefits of the Blackspin but with Tradional Brass, sounds perfect ��

Comment

Has anyone used a cue with this bulls eye ferrule? I'd be interested in their review ....

Comment

Originally Posted by bywagh View Post
                    Has anyone used a cue with this bulls eye ferrule? I'd be interested in their review ....
                    Not tried it but seems to be blackspin without the need for fibre pads, and a brass ferrule.

Comment

I'm guessing it would last longer and be tougher then the blackspin so probably worth going for

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        Seems to be blackspin with a tougher ferrule from the looks of it.
                        I have been playing pool here in the USA with a Legend with 11mm blackspin ferrule and it is not showing any signs of being anything other than tough and fit for the job.

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                          I have been playing pool here in the USA with a Legend with 11mm blackspin ferrule and it is not showing any signs of being anything other than tough and fit for the job.
                          True but re-tipping could cause issues as it was pretty easy to make the top of it convex, that's why i used one of those tweeten sanding discs as i managed to mess it up a couple of times.

Comment

I use the tweeten sanding disc and I sand it down to the red and then stick the new one on top and it works perfectly every time.

Those Tweeten sanding machines are easy to use and I make my own discs rather than buy their own

Comment

I have been using a blackspin for close to 4 years now on my MW cue and in that time I've probably changed tips at least 40 times and I have never had a problem. I use a sharp craft knife to cut off the old tip and glue and use the blade to clean the top of the ferrule completely. I then use a fine metal file to level off the top. I've never had any problems with the ferrule so far and hope I don't as I would have to send the whole cue back to MW to fit a new one.

I like the lesser amount of throw I get with the blackspin.
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                              X