Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips: Diamond Plus v's Wooldridge Supertip on a responsive shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I am presently using a bd+ tip by tweetens. it’s great but a little soft for my liking. Please let me if the tip could be made a little harder.

Comment

take a ball and sit in front of your favourite film and hit the ball onto the tip

I used a lot of BD+ over the years as I like a softer tip.
      but I recently went to a MW Supertip and love it. I got it from a TSF member and it was an old version before they had a bad batch. I bought a set of the latest that have been improved to ensure like the earlier version and have retipped two of my friends' cue with them and both love them
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        take a ball and sit in front of your favourite film and hit the ball onto the tip

I used a lot of BD+ over the years as I like a softer tip.
        but I recently went to a MW Supertip and love it. I got it from a TSF member and it was an old version before they had a bad batch. I bought a set of the latest that have been improved to ensure like the earlier version and have retipped two of my friends' cue with them and both love them
        Thanks deanh. I too have the same experience. After a few hours of playing they get harder. May I know if they can be made harder before playing? I read a few posts that said they put the tips in milk before using.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Thanks deanh. I too have the same experience. After a few hours of playing they get harder. May I know if they can be made harder before playing? I read a few posts that said they put the tips in milk before using.
          My problem is that I loose interest in playing due to the initial bed in time.

Comment

if not fitted you may want to look into getting one of those tip presses or do the kitchen table leg trick and leave it for days to compress
            I never did as I said I like a softish tip

"Milk duds" never did this either
            Last edited by DeanH; 11 March 2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

if not fitted you may want to look into getting one of those tip presses or do the kitchen table leg trick and leave it for days to compress
              I never did as I said I like a softish tip

"Milk duds" never did this either
              Thanks pal. I will try one of these.

Comment

there is a thread on milk duds somewhere

Comment

there is a thread on milk duds somewhere
                  Yes. I was reading it just a while back.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...highlight=milk

Comment

there you go

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      I wouldn't bother with milk. If you just want to speed up the initial knock in, you can get a small G Clamp from a DIY store and tighten in there for a day or so.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                        I wouldn't bother with milk. If you just want to speed up the initial knock in, you can get a small G Clamp from a DIY store and tighten in there for a day or so.
                        Thanks Mark.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                          The milk doesn't speed up the playing in time as far as I know but does affect the way the tip plays.

Clamping it certainly does speed up compression or pick a tip that plays in immediately e.g. a Century tip if it's pressed you are after a Talisman or equivalent if it's laminated.

Milk dud tips

Pressing a tip
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Seems most of you used B D Plus, but I think B D is too soft and lot of B D like a accordion you can push it up easily with your fingernail.

Do you anyone used this type B D? And what's the name of this type tips? I called them accordion tips.

Yesterday I also encountered a JP elks accordion tip, this is really distracted.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leason View Post
                              Seems most of you used B D Plus, but I think B D is too soft and lot of B D like a accordion you can push it up easily with your fingernail.

Do you anyone used this type B D? And what's the name of this type tips? I called them accordion tips.

Yesterday I also encountered a JP elks accordion tip, this is really distracted.
                              Well that makes a lot of sense.....
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X