2018 Players Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
    It amazes me trump can play snooker at all really, virtually every shot is a twitch with that weird offset way of cueing he has.
    yet hes one of the straightest cue-ist to ever play the game, technique all personal preference

Comment

• Hard luck Judd. Well played by Ronnie.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
        jesus that was the best match all season, the suspense was insane. What a choke from Trump and great pressure break from Ronnie.
        How can you say that was a choke ?
        Ron got very lucky there

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          How can you say that was a choke ?
          Ron got very lucky there
          He had a simple screw shot with a great open table.... came very short, tried to recover and cut thin red and went in off.....yea in off is unlucky but him not getting position with a simple screw is a huge choke. Had he got on that red perfect the balls were all there for him. Plus the frame before he had red over the hole with the chance to win match at 5-4, rushed into it and missed....*cough* choke *cough* lol was still one of the best matches of season for me.

Comment

• Ronnie has no bottle.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
              Ronnie has no bottle.
              silly thing to say

Comment

• Mark or Shaun. Who do you fancy to play Ronnie in the finals? I think Shaun.

Comment

Ronnie has no bottle.
                  Would love to hear your theory on this

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                    He had a simple screw shot with a great open table.... came very short, tried to recover and cut thin red and went in off.....yea in off is unlucky but him not getting position with a simple screw is a huge choke. Had he got on that red perfect the balls were all there for him. Plus the frame before he had red over the hole with the chance to win match at 5-4, rushed into it and missed....*cough* choke *cough* lol was still one of the best matches of season for me.
                    Well they said afterwards he got a kick and by his reaction maybe he did, so very unlucky really. In frame where red wad over corner pocket that should of been game over couldn't of been any easier lol

Comment

• Was Trump using the Taom chalk today? I heard it doesn't grip well??? :-p

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Well they said afterwards he got a kick and by his reaction maybe he did, so very unlucky really. In frame where red wad over corner pocket that should of been game over couldn't of been any easier lol
                        I didn’t detect a kick , even when they played it back I couldn’t see one........stock answer by commentators these days . Poor for the white to end up in the middle bag from a top player .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Ronnie has no bottle.
                          5 worlds, 7 masters, 6 Uk = no bottle.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            I didn’t detect a kick , even when they played it back I couldn’t see one........stock answer by commentators these days . Poor for the white to end up in the middle bag from a top player .
                            To be fair going in off like that is hard to judge from super thin cuts, always a little luck involved so yea he was a bit unlucky to go in off.

Comment

• Even if kick didnt happen(assuming it did,i didnt watch that part of the game) Trump would have missed some other ball and lose the decider either way.Its his style along with the post-interview telling "i feel i was a better player but i got unlucky and lost"

Comment

• What an epic match!

Trump is a great player - but you can see he was putting pressure on himself (and making pots) but then he was rushing around the table. His mindset was great after every pot he made to get in towards the end, but right after the pot - it is like he says to himself "OK this is it - time to finish the job" deep breath and then proceeds to rush into the shots. Building expectation for himself and then looking to the finish line before the job is DONE.
                                I wanted Ronnie to win but was gutted for Trump for not taking his chances after splitting the reds with that black.

Choke? Cao Yapeng choked. Judd choked against Mcleod. I wouldn't say this was a choke - It was more of a eye on the finish line than task at hand. Hence rushing to finish the job.

On the other hand - Ronnie was taking his time today when it really mattered and the result came his way.

Hoping for a Williams Ronnie showdown. I think Murphy might be in too deep with his back issues against Ronnie. I have been waiting for a long match between in form Williams and Ronnie.

Your thoughts?

Cant wait for tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X