No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me? (Videos included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Steve. I haven't but I can do. I'll try and get a video up in the next few days. Just long blues again with camera over black corner pocket?

Comment

Yes. And the view from the back is useful so we can see how you're delivering the cue.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Took some videos today. Here they are:

https://youtu.be/kvL4dY01NqA

https://youtu.be/vkHF-qO2AK0

Comment

Originally Posted by Doykman View Post
          Took some videos today. Here they are:

https://youtu.be/kvL4dY01NqA

https://youtu.be/vkHF-qO2AK0
          Not really much "pre-shot routine" going on here. You look like you're just getting down and hitting the ball.
          The coaching method I follow is that a large percentage of the shot is from the standing up position. Once you've done all your sighting etc you take a step forward ( "walk into the shot") and then drop your body down into the shot position.
          I probably havn't explained that too well so hopefully the professionals will give their two pence.
          Its possible that your just rushing things a bit too much in your eagerness to pot the ball.
          PS. My long blue potting is about the same as yours lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by Doykman View Post
            I'm still really struggling with cueing across the ball despite trying to apply the advice I've been given here.

I'm missing ridiculously easy pots. It's soul destroying...

Now I'm beginning to wonder is it worth my trying different elbow and wrist combinations? E.g. elbow in, elbow out. Wrist turned in, wrist turned out?

I'm desperate...
            Try going back to short pots - may be start potting in the middle pocket and then on side pockets and get your confidence back. Confidence is the key. Once you start getting your confidence, start increasing the distance slowly. Try to do some walking before going for a marathon

Comment

Well that is much, much better. Well done.

You look like you are now completing the shot much better than you were before. That's excellent.

As Nifty50 has said, you just need to try to approach every shot in exactly the same way. Have a look at my video on the pre-shot-routine here: https://youtu.be/_JpwKrzVcL4

For now you are doing very well though. Remember that cueing staright is a lot harder than you would think. People take years to perfect controlling the cue absolutely perfectly. We all wish it was was easy as knowing what to do, and then it immediately working on the table, but these things take time.

The more you practice, the more refined everything will be. From the feathers, to the pull back, to the smooth delivery. It all just becomes better and better.

But as I say, from where you were, you've done well in implementing the things that were pointed out to you. Keep practicing and well done.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I realise that in my latest videos I wasn't exactly standing and surveying the shot and then walking into it. I was getting down with no walk in. So I'll try and focus on that.

Glad to hear you think my technique is improving tedisbill. I've been trying to keep as still as possible, holding the cue lightly, and having a pause at the end of the backswing.

I realise these changes will take time to hone and it's just a matter of practice so it's probably a bit early to beat myself up but glad I'm on a better path

Comment

As above, these things take time. I played once a week since I was a teenager for a couple of hours. Took a long time to get any better. Last 3 or 4 years I play with a friend twice a week and practice for a few hours inbetween. Probably got better in the last few years than the 20 years before combined. It takes time, and also regular play for the game to become second nature. If you can't get on the table, you can practice straight cueing at home.

Comment

Working...
                  X