Cheap-ish 1pc maple cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap-ish 1pc maple cues?

I'm after an English pool cue, I've played with ash all my life but I've always wanted to try maple and since I don't take pool as seriously as snooker I figure I should test the waters with pool first. Don't want to pay much over £100. Needs to be English pool specs, e.g. less than 9mm tip, quite lightweight etc. The only place I've found doing what I want is Tiger Cues, which from the previous reviews here would be a solid albeit overpriced option. Is Tiger Cues the way to go or does anyone have other suggestions?

this could be a nice playing cue, 9mm tip, handmade and a lot better than a tiger cue I'm sure

from vmax he's a member up here and a very nice guy to deal with , maybe send him a pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/one-piece...lByD:rk:6:pf:0
    Last edited by matthias; 16 January 2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
      this could be a nice playing cue, 9mm tip, handmade and a lot better than a tiger cue I'm sure

from vmax he's a member up here and a very nice guy to deal with , maybe send him a pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/one-piece...lByD:rk:6:pf:0
      Looks good, have you (or anyone else reading this) played with a cue by vmax before? I did a quick search for reviews for couldn't find one. With all due respect to vmax I'm just a bit hesitant to buy a cue for which I have literally no idea how it will play!

Comment

Where about are you cal?
        I've got a collection of maple cues.
        What is your spec or are you flexible?
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
          Where about are you cal?
          I've got a collection of maple cues.
          What is your spec or are you flexible?
          Devon/south west. I'm fairly flexible, as long the tip's under 9mm (but preferably 8.5) and it's under 18oz (preferably 17-17.5) it should do to be honest.

Comment

Originally Posted by cal View Post
            Devon/south west. I'm fairly flexible, as long the tip's under 9mm (but preferably 8.5) and it's under 18oz (preferably 17-17.5) it should do to be honest.
            How quickly do you want the cue.ive got several.
            PM me...
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Looks good, have you (or anyone else reading this) played with a cue by vmax before? I did a quick search for reviews for couldn't find one. With all due respect to vmax I'm just a bit hesitant to buy a cue for which I have literally no idea how it will play!
              Steve refurbished a cue of mine, turned out the cue had quite a bit of problems,
              he did a top job on it & went out of his way to make it perfect! no way I can fault it now.

so I think you can't go wrong with contacting him, and see what he has to say

cheers
              matt

Comment

I'm after an English pool cue, I've played with ash all my life but I've always wanted to try maple and since I don't take pool as seriously as snooker I figure I should test the waters with pool first. Don't want to pay much over £100. Needs to be English pool specs, e.g. less than 9mm tip, quite lightweight etc. The only place I've found doing what I want is Tiger Cues, which from the previous reviews here would be a solid albeit overpriced option. Is Tiger Cues the way to go or does anyone have other suggestions?

got this player at 57/9.
                could be reworked if needed. whats your spec?

Comment

NICE!!! good to have you back

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                    NICE!!! good to have you back
                    cheer matt.. plays nice too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy06...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      got this player at 57/9.
                      could be reworked if needed. whats your spec?

Looks really nice mate. Ideally about 8.5mm and between 17-17.5oz

Comment

shouldnt be a problem:]

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          shouldnt be a problem:]

off to the workshop. pm me for more details.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                          X