Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding a thread please.

Hi folks,

Some time ago (I think within the last 12 months)someone posted a thread where they had illustrated 1/4. 1/2, 3/4 ball contacts (amongst others) and the balls were filled in as black and white portions. I seem to recall that some questions were asked such as "Do you think that this is a 1/4 ball shot"

I'm just wondering if anyone can recall the thread and might also know where I will find it please.

Many thanks.

P.S. Hope you're all enjoying the TV coverage at the moment. Come on Ronnie!!!!

I had a quick look and not sure I've found the thread you refer to - but there have been several interesting threads on here regarding the subject.

Worth reading this one : http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...!!!-bad-memory

Comment

From that thread I just read this post from Statman - which is a brilliant practical way to work on visualising potting angles. Really worth trying this when you're next pratcising!

Place a white and a red on the table, in a position where you want to practise the pot.

Now, take the yellow and place it behind and touching the red, so they are in a direct line to the pocket.

Now, place the black against the back cushion, in a direct extension of the line from cue-ball to the yellow. (The black is in the position of the outline white in my diagram.)

Now, remove the yellow from the table.

Now, play a shot with the wthie, aiming for the black. If your cueing is right, the red should go in. If the red does not pot, then you need to look at developing your ability to aim the cue accurately, rather than needing to look at your judgement of angles.

Original Source: How do you pick your angles!!! - bad memory http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz3Y273H5s5
      - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
      Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

Hey chaps, I've found the thread (link below) but unfortunately the illustrations are no longer in the thread. Can I do anything to make them reappear of will they have been permanently deleted?

I think that the illustrations were originally poste by j6uk, I wonder if he's still around and could re-post them.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ur-angle/page2

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Comment

you are correct in your assumption, j6uk will have to either repost the original images to the site he used and he will have to reinsert the links to the post.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If I had to think is this a quarter ball half ball blah blah blah I doubt I would ever make a break.

Comment

More to it than that methinks, I seem to remember the thread being very enlightening, hence the desire to have a look at it again.

Comment

Yeah well I think the thread you are looking for was from j6uk if that helps - showed some natural angle pots
                Last edited by Byrom; 22 April 2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X