Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship for kids in Scotland?

World under 21's held in Dubai.

European competitions in romania and Malta.

Why is there such a lack of help across the board to help the next generation get to these tournaments?

Speaking from a purely selfish standpoint, the lack of help from Scottish businesses and governing bodies, restrict families on a moderate income to fund these young men going across the world to compete in these competitions.

Is there any help out there for top ranked kids who are destined for bigger and better things in Scotland?, people who are willing to help or even give advice?, people that may have a business and would like to talk about the possibility about sponsoring one of these kids?
    Tam

Hi Tammajock,
    Your point has been the bane of almost all NGB's the world over, not just specific to Scotland.
    The problem with funding being available from NGB's themselves is that with so few actually playing the game, then it is very difficult to generate "extra" funds for such purposes.
    Sport Scotland have an agenda of earmarking their funding for sports deemed to be "more healthy" for youngsters.

There has been efforts in the past from parents themselves to organise fundraising events, but the minute their kids move on or stop playing, they seem to loose interest the minute it is not for the benefit of their own kids.

As a Snooker lover and business owner myself, I may well be very interested in helping out with funding of the youngsters.
    Give me a call on 07814 150064 to discuss.
    Look forward to hearing from you Sir.
    www.sbandsa.co.uk

Comment

I agree with Stevie here. In Canada there is virtually no sponsorship for anything snooker and unfortunately the number of young players (under-21) we have here is virtually zero. There are NO ladies playing competitive snooker here either.

We even have problems getting players to the IBSF Worlds and normally get a maximum of 3 players going. It's sad when an old fart like me is one of my country's representatives at the worlds. Even if I'm lucky enough to play in the Canadian Champs and get to the stage where they have expense money on offer (semi-finals) I will be thinking twice about that long flight to Cape Town in steerage. It would be nice if I could afford business class.

Sponsorship would really help and despite what Ronnie said recently I think inclusion in the Olympics would be a big help to us in Canada.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
      X