Another fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fake

seems its every day these days.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/john-parri...item3aa83630a9
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

How can you be sure ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      How can you be sure ??
      badge, end of butt.

Then again, what do I know

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
        badge, end of butt.

Then again, what do I know
        I agree the butt looks wrong, but if special order as stated, maybe, possibly could be real ?? i wouldn't risk it tho

Comment

Another fake

Looks ok seen a few ultimate with round butts and the badge looks like that

Comment

That's a genuine cue!

Comment

Probably a weird question but something I certainly wouldn't know myself. Supposing you order let's say a special cue off the bear or elite etc and the cue turns up with perfect arrows like many of his cues, and you order an ultimate which turns up also with perfect arrows, how could you tell that Parris doesn't use ultimate shafts on his other cues or vice versa where he uses his Parris collection shafts on ultimates.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                Probably a weird question but something I certainly wouldn't know myself. Supposing you order let's say a special cue off the bear or elite etc and the cue turns up with perfect arrows like many of his cues, and you order an ultimate which turns up also with perfect arrows, how could you tell that Parris doesn't use ultimate shafts on his other cues or vice versa where he uses his Parris collection shafts on ultimates.

good question and something iv always thought

Comment

its all marketing. 2 year lead times, £900+ prices 'ultimate' shafts. its all drivel, imho.

Comment

I have had a number of Parris cues down the years many of them better than some of the Ultimate cues I have owned in terms of quality of the ash - the markings and the playability - so I have to agree with Bolton cueman but there are a few exceptions to that rule - yet however much extra they fetch on e-bay I think its an over inflated price to pay and most are not worth the cost and certainly not the waiting time any longer.

Comment

Think I mentioned this before , I know someone who bought an elite cue and had an ultimate . And for him personally he much preferred the elite cue in terms of playability and look of the shaft .

But once again.......only his personal opinion .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Think I mentioned this before , I know someone who bought an elite cue and had an ultimate . And for him personally he much preferred the elite cue in terms of playability and look of the shaft .

But once again.......only his personal opinion .
                        I'm starting to think all his shafts are exactly the same and not specific to each cue. Just name badge difference.

Comment

Any cue maker who produces such a wide range of 'models' at ascending prices is doing so for his own marketing and commercial reasons rather than customer choice. And there is nothing wrong with that. Parris is not an individual builder, he runs a team, so it's the natural way to grow. Customers who think cue quality ascends equally and progressively with cue price are deluded. But they will never care because they are getting a decent product and are generally more concerned with the badge. Prices have to be high, how do you think Parris pays for his premises, staff and all that heavy marketing where cues go free to players and celebrities?

Comment

Working...
                          X