Greatest fights of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    If there was any fight I had to single out it would be this one I think.

Comment

Part 2 beat this one - sorry - not possible

Last edited by Byrom; 26 April 2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Part 3

Comment

And you watched that you want to see the end yes - this is pure heart - makes Rocky looks like a pussy cat

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
            which unfortunately shows how stale the division has been for ages.
            No it shows how good they were
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

If there was any fight I had to single out it would be this one I think.
              An amazing fight mate but i give Barerra/Morales the edge because technically they were far superior to them two

Wibble

Comment

Well yeah I see your point Barrerra/Morales are technically better - close call but I still think that one is the fight of the century for me - it had everything and more - I think it was incredible - styles make fights and those two had a trio of great all action fights - makes you wonder why they would want to after that slug feast

What annoyed me about this fight is that they made a film about the life of the boxer here - Irish Micky Ward and they never included this fight?

Now that is like taking Kelly Brook back to yer hotel room and telling her you have a headache and you need an early night.

Comment

Well yeah I see your point Barrerra/Morales are technically better - close call but I still think that one is the fight of the century for me - it had everything and more - I think it was incredible - styles make fights and those two had a trio of great all action fights - makes you wonder why they would want to after that slug feast

What annoyed me about this fight is that they made a film about the life of the boxer here - Irish Micky Ward and they never included this fight?

Now that is like taking Kelly Brook back to yer hotel room and telling her you have a headache and you need an early night.

I'm glad you spelt Kelly correct or that could have been awkward

Films are about making hero's and him winning the world title from where he came from was what it was about so it didn't surprise me.
                  I backed Micky Ward at 11/4 when he fought Shea Neary for the title,what a cracking price that was i couldn't believe it

Wibble

Comment

oh very good - well I like kel Book too but not in that way

Comment

Also a big boxing fan here. Barrera vs Morales trilogy my favourite. Some more recent fights that were great
                      Khan vs Maidana
                      Froch vs Kessler trilogy - love these fights and a massive carl froch fan
                      Cotto vs Margarito 1
                      Also
                      Leonard vs Hearns
                      Corrales vs Castillo - cracking fight
                      De la hoya vs Mosely fights were good
                      Ali vs Frazier 3 - both past it at the time which probably is why the fight was so good. They couldnt get out of the way of each others punches

If your a casual fan who wants to see knockouts
                      Tommy Morrison vs Ray Mercer - a brutal knockout. The ref should have been jailed after the fight
                      Last edited by gmoore23; 28 April 2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

There's loads of great fights out there but my favourite era is when Hagler,Hearns,Leonard and Duran were fighting each other.

I'm amazed at how many people want Floyd to win on Saturday,he's a wife beater and I'm hoping he leaves the ring on a stretcher.

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                          There's loads of great fights out there but my favourite era is when Hagler,Hearns,Leonard and Duran were fighting each other.

I'm amazed at how many people want Floyd to win on Saturday,he's a wife beater and I'm hoping he leaves the ring on a stretcher.
                          Plus 1 to that - Come on Manny

Comment

this is the first match I watched! can remember it like it was yesterday. This fight should have never ended like this . Stupid divvy of a manager!

Comment

Originally Posted by tinytim139 View Post
                              this is the first match I watched! can remember it like it was yesterday. This fight should have never ended like this . Stupid divvy of a manager!
                              ?? What fight are you talking about ??

Wibble

Comment

He must mean the thrilla in Manilla - Frasier v ali 3

Comment

Working...
                                X