Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on new cue

Hi,
    I'm thinking about buying a new cue as I feel my current cue is too long. I am 5ft4 and my cue is 57" and feels too long. Ideally I would like one of around 55" or 55.5". My old cue was a peradon cannon spark, which was good for the money but I feel like a shorter and better cue might help me. I play 8 ball pool and snooker, and in the future will probably play both equally. I was thinking about a Parris classic, but was unsure because of the price. This would be my preference but any advice is much appreciated. Thanks,
    James

If possible you should try a shorter cue and make sure it suits you before buying a new cue

Comment

I have an 8mm trevor white cue that if cut down would be great its going at a decent price message me for details.

Comment

Dave has hit the nail on the head .

I am toying with the idea of getting a shorter cue as well , just need to get my backside into gear and try one out !
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi James, If interested I have a Robin Cook 1 piece. Specs - 55.5in, 9.5 tip, 27mm butt, 18.5oz. It is maple with ebony butt with 4 white veneers and 4 lower splices of cocobolo. PM me if interested. Chris
          Last edited by chris321chris; 29 April 2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            If possible you should try a shorter cue and make sure it suits you before buying a new cue
            Thanks for the advice, I think that's what I'll do. I think the best thing would be to go to a shop with a large section of cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
              I have an 8mm trevor white cue that if cut down would be great its going at a decent price message me for details.

Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for a wider tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by chris321chris View Post
                Hi James, If interested I have a Robin Cook 1 piece. Specs - 55.5in, 9.5 tip, 27mm butt, 18.5oz. It is maple with ebony butt with 4 white veneers and 4 lower splices of cocobolo. PM me if interested. Chris
                Thanks for the offer, that cue does sound nice but I'm looking for a 3/4 cue, for ease of transport.

Comment

Hi, I am thinking of selling my Tony Glover. It's a 56 inch cue so ideal for shorter players. Three quarter joint, goldfield burr front splice with veneer, ebony butt, nice shaft. It was made for me personally by Tony back in 1996 (still have the receipt) and is therefore starting to gain a collector value. Weight is 18.4oz and the ADR laminate medium tip is 9.7mm. Nicely balanced at 17.5 inches. Complete with telescopic extension. No SD joint. Anyone interested can send me a pm.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                    Thanks for the advice, I think that's what I'll do. I think the best thing would be to go to a shop with a large section of cues.
                    can't think of a shop that will have a selection of 55" cues!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      can't think of a shop that will have a selection of 55" cues!
                      Ha, yes, after making that comment I realised that. I guess it narrows my options down to either having one custom made or buying one of the few available second hand that are 55". In terms of the size I think 55" will be about right, maybe 55.5" or even 56". At the moment my 57" cue feels too long sometimes, there is a lot of cue out the back, around 5 or 6".

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                        Ha, yes, after making that comment I realised that. I guess it narrows my options down to either having one custom made or buying one of the few available second hand that are 55". In terms of the size I think 55" will be about right, maybe 55.5" or even 56". At the moment my 57" cue feels too long sometimes, there is a lot of cue out the back, around 5 or 6".
                        it should not make that much difference as long as it feels ok to you.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

you after a modern day or a old cue got quite a few round 55-56 ins.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                            you after a modern day or a old cue got quite a few round 55-56 ins.
                            I don't mind whether it's modern or old, but preferably it would be a 3/4 cue, for ease of transport, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X