No announcement yet.

Sorry guys another dominate eye post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Ramon;909838]you already did (to realize that ).

Just knowing that the object ball needs to be hit in different places to pot it isn't enough to improve. I need, like you said, to practise many times over.

Comment

I think cueing is more important. You'll never work out what point you need to hit the object ball to pot it if you're not cueing straight, because you won't be hitting the object ball in the same place, or even where you think you are hitting it.

Comment

@ Kudge ,

No No,, You do'nt get the point.

you do realize you still have to improve. That's very good. that's kind of improvment.
        Lots of people do'nt even realize that. They walk around thinking they are ROS.
        My compliment. your post was very informative .

BTW, i did'nt told you to go and practic. advice came from other members which is very good advice.

I'm gonna take off and buy a few Christmas lights. almost Christmas.
        God i love them. they make our life more classy.

goodluck.

Comment

I dont think we should just completely disregard the dominant eye. All the top players seem to have one wether theyre aware of it or not its clear they use one. The problem I think is finding out exactly where the cue should be placed under your chin to best utilize the sighting eye. For some it may be far to the side almost to their cheeks, while others it might be just slightly to the side of center. I still experiment with it time from time but find slight left of center works best for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
            I dont think we should just completely disregard the dominant eye. All the top players seem to have one wether theyre aware of it or not its clear they use one. The problem I think is finding out exactly where the cue should be placed under your chin to best utilize the sighting eye. For some it may be far to the side almost to their cheeks, while others it might be just slightly to the side of center. I still experiment with it time from time but find slight left of center works best for me.
            Have you seen how Gary Wilson cues - it looks soooo uncomfortable and awkward but obviously it works for him.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              Have you seen how Gary Wilson cues - it looks soooo uncomfortable and awkward but obviously it works for him.
              yea haha, Anthony Mcguil is another one that comes to mind with an extreme sighting eye.

Comment

yea haha, Anthony Mcguil is another one that comes to mind with an extreme sighting eye.
                Yep, theres a few about for sure

Comment

Originally Posted by Kudge View Post
                  Thanks, but I think it's a wee bit more complicated than that. I just spoke to an online optometrist and she said I have physiological diplopia. It doesn't affect my daily life but it does affect my snooker.
                  I hope this is of some help to you Kudge...
                  Your initial explanation of physiological diplopia rung a few bells and piqued my interest so I had a quick look on-line myself.
                  As far as I can glean, everybody with normal vision has physiological diplopia. John Higgins, Stephen Hendry and Ronnie all have it, assuming that there is nothing wrong with their eyesight (and their eyesight seems ok to me).
                  You said that: 'it's apparently a common condition which doesn't normally affect people's daily lives.'
                  It seems to me to actually be a universal condition of having two eyes.
                  Perhaps your on-line optometrist, rather than diagnosing you, was just explaining the phenomenon which causes two-eyed humans to see what they are focussed on clearly, but objects in front of and behind that which they are focussed on to appear double? That's not just common, that's normal.
                  Please let me know if I've missed something and there's more to it.

Comment

i checked youtube how to find a dominant eye ( caz i wanna find mine ) , i think your instruction here it is wrong

almost everyone says : when you are pointing at something with eyes open, and while pointing, you close your left eye ( IF THE OBJECT OR FINGER DOESNT MOVE, you are right eyed dominant , because your right eye is still looking at the object

the other method
                    make a hole with both of your hands, and look at an object. now close your left eye if the object hasnt moved, then you are right eyed dominant

im just replying, caz your post made me confused
                    thank you

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                      place a piece a chalk on the cushion, step back and point your finger at it with both eyes open. now close one eye at a time, the one where your finger is still pointing at the chalk is your dominant eye.
                      i checked youtube how to find a dominant eye ( caz i wanna find mine ) , i think your instruction here it is wrong

almost everyone says : when you are pointing at something with eyes open, and while pointing, you close your left eye ( IF THE OBJECT OR FINGER DOESNT MOVE, you are right eyed dominant , because your right eye is still looking at the object

the other method
                      make a hole with both of your hands, and look at an object. now close your left eye if the object hasnt moved, then you are right eyed dominant

im just replying, caz your post made me confused
                      thank you

Comment

sorry i just confused myself
                        and i cant delete my previous reply

i just didnt understand it

i pointed at the chalk with both eyes open. when i close my left eye while pointing at the chalk, nothing moves ( which means im right dominant ?

Comment

Originally Posted by mrafghan View Post
                          sorry i just confused myself
                          and i cant delete my previous reply

i just didnt understand it

i pointed at the chalk with both eyes open. when i close my left eye while pointing at the chalk, nothing moves ( which means im right dominant ?
                          Yes. Point at chalk. Shut your left eye, if you are still pointing at the chalk, you are right eye dominant.

Comment

The dominant eye was something I had been struggling with for years and it made me very unconfident and inconsistent. I tried almost every position in the book and over thought it way too much. That was the problem for me and the solution was so ridiculously simple lol. Just dont think. See the line, Get down on the shot and just cue straight. Play your natural game.... made all the difference and im much more confident now. If I were to break down exactly where my cue position is now, Id say its pretty centre chin but slightly favouring my left eye. But point is you can pretty much adapt to any position if you practice it enough and dont overthink.

Comment

The dominant eye was something I had been struggling with for years and it made me very unconfident and inconsistent. I tried almost every position in the book and over thought it way too much. That was the problem for me and the solution was so ridiculously simple lol. Just dont think. See the line, Get down on the shot and just cue straight. Play your natural game.... made all the difference and im much more confident now. If I were to break down exactly where my cue position is now, Id say its pretty centre chin but slightly favouring my left eye. But point is you can pretty much adapt to any position if you practice it enough and dont overthink.
                              This is a good post. I did exactly the same thing, ended up in lots of pain. Relaxed and just put things on the line, the pain went away and the balls went in the pocket more often

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                This is a good post. I did exactly the same thing, ended up in lots of pain. Relaxed and just put things on the line, the pain went away and the balls went in the pocket more often
                                Haha there you have it folks. Cats out of the bag now, were all going to be World Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X