No announcement yet.

Newbie from The Province of BC Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thxs Ramon for letting me know and for all the help. Rob S.

Comment

you're welcome , Rob .

Many guys in cue business here on tsf. keep an eye on thread, I'm sure they can give you some idea about the price.

good luck my friend . Looking forward to read your posts here on tsf .

Comment

Well it's only a green plate 3/4 split cue with what looks like a black fibre ferrule so won't be worth the big bucks already mentioned as that's the territory of a one piece black plate.
        If you intend selling it you need to give length, weight, tip size etc and see what offers you get

Comment

Spiro loc joint , could even be an Aeon made H & O , made under licence . Green plates have been £400- £600 + , of the recent ones I have seen , but to the Far East market looking for a " kudos " cue , it could fetch a lot more . Good looking cue . I recently sourced an Old Masters from BC and that had a black fibre ferrule as well , do you know if this is something common to your part of the world as I dont believe that it would have had a fibre ferrule originally ?

Comment

The way I remember all the conversations with players and myself personally, was that we like the black fibre ferrules better than the brass. They seemed to feel and sound better when hitting.

The cue was originally bought in the UK by BC player who was living over there for a couple of years in the early 80's. He brought three back with him in the mid 80's, kept 2 for himself and sold this cue to his friend. This person use to Play from time to time with Cliff Thorburn back in the day in a Vancouver snooker hall.

Also, the gent who brought the cue back to BC Canada was a very good friend of Marco Fu and Marco did play in my club when he was a teenager.

Comment

Rob ,

For the record , Just to add a point here regarding the price i mentioned in my previous post on behalf of my uncle . ( in order to avoid any further confusion in this thread )

He was referring to a Black plate one piece cue ,in this brand .

Comment

Thanks Ramon,

Great info coming in from everyone for sure. Very much appreciated.

Comment

I think the person you mentioned is tony fun, a good friend of mine, is it not? Here is an interview with him i did:https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...nooker-player/
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
                  X