• Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by plague1973 View Post
    Judd looks like being back in shape, spurred on perhaps by Kyren W
    Hard to tell with Judd tbh

Very inconsistent

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
      I don't think Ronnie O'Sullivan's stance & technique gets the recognition it deserves.It must be incredibly difficult to cue correctly with that enormous chip on his shoulder.
      I'm assuming this post is after seeing all the latest Twitter garbage...
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by plague1973 View Post
        Judd looks like being back in shape, spurred on perhaps by Kyren W
        Judd looks good against "lesser" opponents most of the time. He knows he usually can get away some mistakes.

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
          Hard to tell with Judd tbh

Very inconsistent
          agree, he missed some easy shots ( by his standards ) during crunch situations in the last game. just an above average performance so far, IMO.

Comment

Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
            agree, he missed some easy shots ( by his standards ) during crunch situations in the last game. just an above average performance so far, IMO.
            He will never be a serial winner due to his vision problems. He cannot find the centre of the white with his eyes. I think he has tried to fix it but he cannot. He wasn't even able to tell if he plays the banana shot in studio yesterday plain ball or with right hand side. He just cannot see it.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
              He will never be a serial winner due to his vision problems. He cannot find the centre of the white with his eyes. I think he has tried to fix it but he cannot. He wasn't even able to tell if he plays the banana shot in studio yesterday plain ball or with right hand side. He just cannot see it.
              TBF Ronnie has struggled most of his career to find the middle of the cueball which is why his long game struggles at times. However its not as big an issue as people like to make out. Fact is your brain makes up for that by adjusting when you strike the cueball. Judd is far too good a potter to be proven that its a weakness. If he misses its more due to pressure more than anything else. Anyone would think his technique is that of a club player. Trust me he's as good a potter as there has ever been but maybe doesn't put enough practice in at times and he isn't the strongest mentally. If he improved in those areas he'd be a multiple world champion IMHO.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Judd is far too good a potter to be proven that its a weakness. If he misses its more due to pressure more than anything else. Anyone would think his technique is that of a club player. Trust me he's as good a potter as there has ever been but maybe doesn't put enough practice in at times and he isn't the strongest mentally. If he improved in those areas he'd be a multiple world champion IMHO.
                Seconded.

Apparently I have to say more than just 'Seconded', or it won't let me post. Fascists.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

One thing the Eurosport coverage has got over the others in these practice table sessions with Andy and Jimmy. They crack me up! I think I enjoy them more than the matches half the time. Great chemistry
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    Seconded.

Apparently I have to say more than just 'Seconded', or it won't let me post. Fascists.
                    Thirded...

Facists, facists, facists... think that enough.. click
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      Thirded...

So, Ronnie's new break-off ...

Slightly more constructive that Steve Davis's 'settle into the back of the pack' idea from 15 years or so ago.
                      Last edited by Billy; 15 November 2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Slightly more constructive that Steve Davis's 'settle into the back of the pack' idea from 15 years or so ago.
                        I think he tried it some years ago - at a PTC IIRC?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Thirded...

Yes, it's a good looking break off shot now when he hits right. It's stopped him bringing that red up past the blue and leaving a tempter in the middle.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I am sure Davis went public with that break.

From the Green side: a bit of right on the CB and maybe some top will bring the CB back behind the Green. Unfortunately it won't have the same jaw-dropping wtf was that from any more.

I'll try and dig out the S Davis clip in the next day or so.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              TBF Ronnie has struggled most of his career to find the middle of the cueball which is why his long game struggles at times. However its not as big an issue as people like to make out. Fact is your brain makes up for that by adjusting when you strike the cueball.

Ah the olde chestnut of ROS (nearly) always using Helping Side :wink:

He did say, about breaking left handed from the yellow side, that he struggled to find the right part of the CB right handed, and repeated his "I never had a shot in 5 Frames after a dodgy break... (vs Higgins?)" Does anyone know what he means by this?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                                "I never had a shot in 5 Frames after a dodgy break... (vs Higgins?)" Does anyone know what he means by this?
                                I can only surmise it means his break went wrong, and he got hammered from that point on.

Comment

Working...
                                X