My cue making attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RunningSide View Post
    Thanks Catch 22. Yes, It's quite common to me that I find me making things maybe a bit different... I always feel very unsure (when doing new things) at starting point and that is why I try to find methods which are convincing me that I may somehow succeed. I was so bad in wood working at school times, it was absolutely horrible. I messed up everything!!! Since those days, I've done many different hand crafting things and knowing nowadays that I may succeed, but still that certain uncomfortable feeling at starting point stays always in my heart.

It would be great to see some other methods too. Not really finding much information of snooker cue making. I really enjoy reading and watching how people solve different problems and how they use their hands and tools. How do you do different, what is your approach?
    I've tried a few different ways for different parts now . And trying to settle on one way . I was using a modified shooting board I made to start the first 8inches or so of the main splice to get nice straight start and then using the plane free hand to bring the splices up to the right length 17-19inches .

I enjoy working with wood but have had to learn everything recently . I moved house 2 yrs ago and this is the first time I've had a garage to use as a small workshop . Since then I've built up some proper tools and learned techniques for all different types of stuff. Most recently my father in law got unwell and gave he his small hobby wood lathe .

It's just big enough to turn a mini butt etc which I did for the first time . He also gave me pen kits and I've successfully turned a couple of nice pens . Next up is new purple heart handles for my hand planes .

I now feel like I should ditch the gym equipment in the garage and kit my garage out with a proper island workbench with the table saw sunk into it for bigger projects ....who knows

Comment

Working...
    X