Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips

I know it is an old subject that will always crop up, but what tips are people using now a days? I have always used Elks but I have just bought some ADR147 SS to try.

I just recently swapped my Phoenix medium for a Grand Tip purely because of the hype & wish I never did & should've listened to my friend who said they were not great.

Maybe we just got a couple of duds but very disappointed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
      I just recently swapped my Phoenix medium for a Grand Tip purely because of the hype & wish I never did & should've listened to my friend who said they were not great.

Maybe we just got a couple of duds but very disappointed.
      Grand tips are usually very consistent, so maybe it was a dud.
      Soft/med is the way to go.
      Hard Grand tips are like granite and a bit lifeless.
      Phoenix tips are great also.
      50/50 for me.

Comment

Over about a year I have switched from Elk (lottery) to Elk Pro (appalling consistency) to Grand (excellent but with the occasional dud) to Century Pro (the most consistent pressed tip on the market).

Comment

i use normal elks. my last box of elks was amazing, nearly every one was a good one, my current box has a lot of useless tips

Comment

Originally Posted by JamesWatacue147 View Post
            I know it is an old subject that will always crop up, but what tips are people using now a days? I have always used Elks but I have just bought some ADR147 SS to try.
            Good morning !!

very good response and consistent those ADR tips .
            ADR and Phoenix , 2 of the best imo.

However , When it comes to the tips, you gonna have to try them until you found one which suits your cue.
            the same tip can play differently on different cues (and this due to the difference of stiffness and wood character between different cues).

I use Tiger soft .
            Last edited by Ramon; 17 September 2017, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Elk Pro , had one bad one . But just bought the MW Supertips .

Had them before and they were great .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Went on a costly and pointless journey with the various generations of Supertips. Mike offered to swap out the duds but I didn't keep them because some lasted only hours and anyway, who wants more of the same, the cash is gone.

Comment

I had been a user of elk grove years but after my last 3 out of 4 boxes being fat too many duds.

Still get them as others want them on but use the TA long BA tips now and they have been very consistent, also helps that they are cheap too.
                  Win win in my book, all my new cues have them on now.
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier if we had a Poll thing?

TA Long BA here too, after a few Cue Makers referred to them. I have 3 Boxes, which should outlast me

Do tips go "off"?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                      Wouldn't it be easier if we had a Poll thing?

TA Long BA here too, after a few Cue Makers referred to them. I have 3 Boxes, which should outlast me

Do tips go "off"?
                      I have at least 3 more boxes but t it s be 4 as one is hiding lol....
                      They don't seem to be on eBay at the mo but will order more when they come back...

No tips don't go off....
                      For that one you've always wanted...
                      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                        Over about a year I have switched from Elk (lottery) to Elk Pro (appalling consistency) to Grand (excellent but with the occasional dud) to Century Pro (the most consistent pressed tip on the market).
                        I would like to try the Elk Pro and Century Pro but will not pay that much for a tip, I guess if I was winning a bunch of money as a pro, ok. I just purchase a box of Medium Grand Tips from ADR ebay link, I was anxious to try them so removed my elk and put one on today. Its just the first day but I think they are 2 times better than the elks I have been getting locally. (not sure if they are knockoffs) I could not be happier.. The Grand Tips are great for price...
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Adr147 SS on my pool cue, O'Min red on my break cue, Black Heart #1 on my snooker cue, then on various other cues I have Elk, Elk Pro Soft, TS Long Ba, Cuesoul Soft

Comment

Ta, it could be a while until the 150th gets used

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                            one is hiding lol....
                            Either it hates you, or someone has nicked it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/free-shipp...6h-aRZQB0ctT_g look familiar?

Comment

Originally Posted by JamesWatacue147 View Post
                              Just commenting because I love your username haha

Comment

Working...
                              X