Another sighting/dominant eye question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    Get in line with the door,open it smoothly only moving your forearm,accelerate through the open door and don't slow down until you feel the nap of the carpet change.

Now repeat that seven hours a day for thirty years and don't waste my time until you've mastered it you cant
    Ha ha - just spat me tea out reading that - very good

Comment

• I keep ****ing it up... I must be taking my eye off the handle at the last second...

Comment

Get in line with the door,open it smoothly only moving your forearm,accelerate through the open door and don't slow down until you feel the nap of the carpet change.

Now repeat that seven hours a day for thirty years and don't waste my time until you've mastered it you cant
        Or install revolving doors .
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Or install revolving doors .
          No that would encourage sloppiness
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            I keep ****ing it up... I must be taking my eye off the handle at the last second...
            Stick a video up and i'll see where your going wrong

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Ha ha - just spat me tea out reading that - very good
              You haven't got time for tea man

Wibble

Comment

You haven't got time for tea man
                I tried the technique out - i need a bit of work on it

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  I tried the technique out - i need a bit of work on it
                  The Bluebottle technique very rarely works,c'mon man focus

Wibble

Comment

The Bluebottle technique very rarely works,c'mon man focus
                    I'm trying Geordie lad but I cant do it - I'm leaving now - it makes me so upset

Comment

• Originally Posted by geordieds View Post
                      get in line with the door,open it smoothly only moving your forearm,accelerate through the open door and don't slow down until you feel the nap of the carpet change.

lol lol lol

Comment

• Sorry to drudge up an old topic but I noticed something I haven't paid attention to before during a quick half hour solo practice.

Low on the 3/4 1/2 black from the yellow ball side of the table I seem to semi occasionally miss this shot thick to the far jaw but the same exact shot from the green side of the table I never miss the shot infact I'm 100% sure it will go in the bag every time.

It then made me think that when I pot the yellow into it's on bag on 3/4 1/2 shot I'm 100% comfortable on this shot aswell so again I'm cutting back on the green side of the table. Now reverse it back over to the yellow side of the table I sometimes miss that green thick thick on to the near jaw.

I'm left handed but right eye dominant and I keep the cue under my chin, I approach the table with the boxer stance but I think I've just found out that on both these or similar shots my brain's pulling the cue across the shot.

Should I be sighting under my right eye? Or at the very least tilting the head as i walk in the shot to correct these shots I don't always miss them would say its small percentage like 10-15% miss rate on easy shots but I never miss the same shot from the other side of the table will like hardly ever that I would be aware of it obviously I probably have missed it from time to times but i just mean i'm hugely confident that shot is going centre bag same shots opposite side i seem to jaw them thick.

Am I correct in finding a weakness in my sighting that should be corrected?

Thanks

Comment

• is it the seeing rather than the standing

Just a quick question and observation.

I't been confirmed I am long sighted and need glasses.

Interestingly, when I stand much further to my left of the shot rather than to the right with my right foot on line, I pot a lot more balls (this is without glasses at mo). I am right eye dominant also.

I wonder if it will make a difference when I collect my glasses at the end of this week.

Looking forward to getting back on table and seeing adjustments!

Anyone else tried adjusting their position and not just following the textbook right foot on line position?
                          Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• test post to display posts
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                            X