Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singles league or team?

Evening ladies and gents

I started playing for a team in a local league a few months ago, played for a few weeks and jacked it in, bloody hell it was boring, sat about for 3/4 hours to play 3 frames of pool if your lucky. Not so bad when we played at home as we had 2 tables, we would just play winner stays on while the match was on. Playing away was just too much, I'd rather just go down a club by myself and play all evening.

I would love to play in a singles league though, Anyone play in a singles care to share their experience? I'm in the Norwich area if there's anything going

Well I have been playing league snooker since 11 years old and to me it sounds like you have gone about it with the wrong attitude. It's about supporting your team when your not playing yourself having a bit of banter with each other and getting a good team result at the end of the night. Granted I am very lucky in the sense I currently play in the most talented league team I have ever witnessed so the matches dont last long and the snooker is nice to watch. As for singles league they are normally difficult to run as individuals arent as good at getting matches played. Obviously in a team if one of the members cant make it you bring in a reserve.

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
      Well I have been playing league snooker since 11 years old and to me it sounds like you have gone about it with the wrong attitude. It's about supporting your team when your not playing yourself having a bit of banter with each other and getting a good team result at the end of the night. Granted I am very lucky in the sense I currently play in the most talented league team I have ever witnessed so the matches dont last long and the snooker is nice to watch. As for singles league they are normally difficult to run as individuals arent as good at getting matches played. Obviously in a team if one of the members cant make it you bring in a reserve.
      I did approach with an open mind, I just wasn't that into it, my circumstances mean I only really get to play once a week and I would actually like to play more than 2/3 frames in a night that was all.

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
        League pool is different to snooker though mate, it's like watching paint dry.
        I went along to join a team and one night was more than enough it was zzzzzzzzzz and that's being kind
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
          League pool is different to snooker though mate, it's like watching paint dry.
          I went along to join a team and one night was more than enough it was zzzzzzzzzz and that's being kind
          Was that world rules ?

We play blackball, and have a 30second shot rule. Zips along just fine. .

Comment

We play WR in our league, tried bringing the stopwatch to align with the county set up. Surprisingly it was the teams with lesser ability that didn't want it. Their argument was that they didn't care how long it took they just wanted to enjoy the night.

Comment

The league I played in was blackball, I don't think being world would have made any difference

Comment

Back home I used to play in 3 pool leagues. World rules, blackball and epa. Blackball for some reason was far slower than the other two. I still enjoyed them all though as it was always good craic

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  Was that world rules ?

We play blackball, and have a 30second shot rule. Zips along just fine. .
                  Not sure what the rules were the one that allows you to discuss your shot in the doubles for two minutes then roll up repeatedly
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                  X