respoting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• respoting

for argument pink and brown balls are potted in the same shot.only the blue spot is clear. my question is which ball takes the free spot. i assume the other ball goes as near to its spot in line etc etc.this actually happened in a frame recently!

In your case the pink would go on the blue spot, as the highest valued ball. The brown, as you say, would go as near to its own spot as possible, on the centre line of the table (ie on the line between brown and blue spots).
    Last edited by Londonlad147; 21 November 2015, 12:53 PM.
    Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Don't know ! maybe the ball that was potted first takes priority ??

Comment

This is what the rules actually say about spotting balls at section 3.7:

(d) If a colour has to be spotted and its own spot is occupied, it shall be placed on the highest value spot available.

(e) If there is more than one colour to be spotted and their own spots are occupied, the highest value ball shall take precedence in order of spotting.

(f) If all spots are occupied, the colour shall be placed as near its own spot as possible, between that spot and the nearest part of the top cushion.

(g) In the case of Pink and Black, if all spots are occupied and there is no available space between the relevant spot and the nearest part of the top cushion, the colour shall be placed as near to its own spot as possible on the centre line of the table below the spot.

(h) In all cases, the colour when spotted must not be touching another ball.

So imagine you have yellow, brown and blue to spot, but only the brown and green spots are available. You'd first spot the brown on its own spot, then the blue is highest value so that goes on the vacant green spot. Yellow then goes as near to its own spot on the line to the nearest part of the black cushion.
        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

thanks londonlad147 makes sence. i think we got it right

Comment

must check my spilling before sending!!

Comment

Working...
            X