Edinburgh snooker league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edinburgh snooker league

Hey folks, I'm looking for a couple of people who may be interested in joining a snooker team in the Edinburgh league. I have a full team but a couple of my players cannot play on a regular basis due to work commitments now so I'm looking for folk who are available most weeks. Its once a week on a Thursday, usual start time is 7:30pm, with the exception of one or two venues being 6:30pm, we alternate between a home club one week then an away club the next week. All games are based in Edinburgh. The league also runs a handicap system to make sure that the matches are fair, or are fair as possible. If you do play but not sure about joining a league team you'd be more than welcome to come along one night to see what its like, if its not for you no problem, we are an nice easy going team with varying levels of ability, we don't take it too seriously... so nothing gained nothing lost.
    If interested give me a shout and I can give you more info on home/away venues, our tables etc.
    Thanks for looking
    :snooker:

Hi mate what clubs in Edinburgh do you play out of?
    " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

Originally Posted by craig147 View Post
      Hi mate what clubs in Edinburgh do you play out of?
      Hey bud, we play out of Locarno on slateford road as a home venue. We're then away to Shandon next door, the ball room Meadowbank a few times, a private club in Morningside, a private club on Duncan street (unionist club), bmc club in gorgie and the r.a.f club down by London road. There are others. They're spread out among 3 divisions.

Comment

I know the Locarno mate, a friend of mine and ex pro Chris Small coaches in there so I'm sure you will have seen him in there, I would love to get into a league snooker again as my local league folded after my local Riley's closed, I stay in Dunfermline and think your league matches stretch too far into Edinburgh for me. Would be OK to Locarno and there abouts but woukd hit too much traffic to go further than that plus the bridge is now closed till who knows when which is going to cause major problems for commuters.what is the best club you have come across in Edinburgh mate fur quality tables, venue etc?
        " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

Originally Posted by craig147 View Post
          I know the Locarno mate, a friend of mine and ex pro Chris Small coaches in there so I'm sure you will have seen him in there, I would love to get into a league snooker again as my local league folded after my local Riley's closed, I stay in Dunfermline and think your league matches stretch too far into Edinburgh for me. Would be OK to Locarno and there abouts but woukd hit too much traffic to go further than that plus the bridge is now closed till who knows when which is going to cause major problems for commuters.what is the best club you have come across in Edinburgh mate fur quality tables, venue etc?
          Pity, apart from Meadowbank most of the clubs are within an extra couple of mins drive from Locarno, but yeah I see your point, probably a bit much in the way of driving for two frames...
          Yeah I see him in there all the time, locarnos tables are all very decent these days, one of ours has not long been levelled and re-clothed, our other table belongs to michael Leslie, Scott Donaldsons table is also in Locarno. The manse club in corstorphine os also nice as is the 2 ballroom venue's.

Comment

Sounds like a decent club mate, we have just had a ballroom snooker/pool club open in Dunfermline that took over the old Riley's. It's is much nicer inside in terms of decor and got new pool table tables, dart boards etc in but no new snooker tables! Just put new pockets and re levelled the tables the cloths are not new which is a pity.i may nip over to Locarno next year once bridge re opens and have a few frames!

Comment

It is, the place had a bit of a reputation a few years back but it seems to have changed mostly, a lot of good players in the club so it's good being able to watch them as well. Give me a shout sometime if you fancy a game. Cheers dude.

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                It is, the place had a bit of a reputation a few years back but it seems to have changed mostly, a lot of good players in the club so it's good being able to watch them as well. Give me a shout sometime if you fancy a game. Cheers dude.
                I will do mate cheers ! It's a treat when you get stand table side and watch a top player knock some balls in, you just can't get it across the same watching on the tv how skilled these top players are!

Comment

Sorry to but in lads but I sat and watched Scott Donaldson practice when I was up at the Locarno , pure class , enjoyed the club as well and the lassie behind the bar was from my home town Penicuik, so had a good blather with her( Shona ? ) sorry I'm not good with names.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Sorry to but in lads but I sat and watched Scott Donaldson practice when I was up at the Locarno , pure class , enjoyed the club as well and the lassie behind the bar was from my home town Penicuik, so had a good blather with her( Shona ? ) sorry I'm not good with names.
                    Not at all mate, good to hear ! I'm going to have to get myself across there and have a knock sometime soon!
                    Are you in Edinburgh then?

Comment

I had gone through for some coaching from Chris Small, during dinner I watched Scott practice for half an hour, it really showed up how poor my cue action is, he cues so nicely. No effort at all and loads of reaction, if I get half way near that I will be more than happy.

Comment

If you've seen Chris more than once I may have seen you in there, seen him coach a lot of people. Would like to get some coaching from him but just cannot afford it at the moment. I do listen in a little though...

Penicuik isn't so far, interested in the topic of the thread..?
                        Last edited by haggishunter; 13 December 2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I live in Carlisle now Haggishunter or I would have played, I play in the local league down here.
                          I have been to see Chris three times but only once at the Locarno ,the other two we were at the Corn Exchange,we played on the table in the far corner next to the cupboard the balls and cues are kept in, if that's helps lol. I will be up again April time next year, I know what you mean about cost, its not cheap but I started this game very late and just got obsessed, I can't help myself, I play every spare second I can.
                          I like the idea of listening though , I would check what tables Chris has booked and make sure I book the one next to it lol.

Comment

ah yeah table 5, that's one of my match tables.... was a nice table but has now been changed a fair bit, now has the brightest lighting I've ever seen on a club table, super fast cloth, new cushions etc. just a different game on it now.

Comment

Still looking for squad players in Edinburgh area? trying to find a league/team but info thin on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X