Good set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good set up?

Hi all, recently changed my set up and stance to get the cue arm hid behind the shoulder, firstly just checking this looks okay and good to go?

Secondly, its difficult to get used to and i know it takes time and practice in order for it to be implemented to produce the best results possible but is it worth starting from the beginning to change my action this drastically? Are the benefits of adopting this technique really worth it?

Thanks guys (P.S ignore my weak bridge thumb recently broke it for the 4th time and its still taking time to get back to normal)

12248721_10205156457052815_1673203793_n.jpg

Josh that looks pretty good to me, cue bridge and back arm all in a straight line. i know this is just a still, however when playing the secret is to actually replicate this and when pushing the cue through to keep it straight as possible.

the solution is practice, practice and more practice until it becomes permanent.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, alabadi. I still have a few issues to iron out in practice, however i was just keen to make sure i was setting the right foundations for solid practice to improve and didn't want to be committing to a new technique that was wrong, many thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by JoshDyson147 View Post
        Hi all, recently changed my set up and stance to get the cue arm hid behind the shoulder, firstly just checking this looks okay and good to go?

Secondly, its difficult to get used to and i know it takes time and practice in order for it to be implemented to produce the best results possible but is it worth starting from the beginning to change my action this drastically? Are the benefits of adopting this technique really worth it?

Thanks guys (P.S ignore my weak bridge thumb recently broke it for the 4th time and its still taking time to get back to normal)

[ATTACH]18137[/ATTACH]
        To be honest , I'm not that good at face recognition but when I saw ur photo , just for a moment I thought you're Anthony McGill. you look like him.
        btw, very Nice set up. ( even ur set up looks a bit like his set up ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          To be honest , I'm not that good at face recognition but when I saw ur photo , just for a moment I thought you're Anthony McGill. you look like him.
          btw, very Nice set up. ( even ur set up looks a bit like his set up ).
          Agreed!
          x2 good set up! Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks guys, guess Mcgill isn't bad company to be in although i can assure you i smile more than him:smug:

Its taking some getting used to and finding it difficult to position myself in the stance all the time but should be fine once my body has adjusted.

Comment

What you have in the photo is good, but now you should stick with it and don't fiddle around and change things. You may want to consider brushing and blocking that table too.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                What you have in the photo is good, but now you should stick with it and don't fiddle around and change things. You may want to consider brushing and blocking that table too.
                Thank you, Terry, i will continue to work hard on the set up shown.

The table is actually a very nice table, it could however do with being ironed and brushed more regularly than it does, however also needs a new cloth but the owner (Chairman of Huddersfield Town FC) is not interested in the snooker

Comment

Working...
                X