New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hi guys have come across this forum a lot over the past few weeks and you all seem nice and helpful. I've been playing snooker socially for a while but I'm looking to up my game so looking for a good cue to call my own. I've been impressed with the O'min cues unfortunately I can't seem to find a genuine UK seller. The fake/no name cues on eBay have also impressed me for the prices, reviews seem to be good and people seem very impressed with what they get. Would I be stupid to pay £70 for one of these cues which just seem to have a generic badge lumped on them depending on the wholesaler?

Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    Hi guys have come across this forum a lot over the past few weeks and you all seem nice and helpful. I've been playing snooker socially for a while but I'm looking to up my game so looking for a good cue to call my own. I've been impressed with the O'min cues unfortunately I can't seem to find a genuine UK seller. The fake/no name cues on eBay have also impressed me for the prices, reviews seem to be good and people seem very impressed with what they get. Would I be stupid to pay £70 for one of these cues which just seem to have a generic badge lumped on them depending on the wholesaler?
    Try ADR147.
    welcome to TSF .

Comment

On cues from ebay at that sort of price.....I've got a couple of Grands, and a Woods...they're pretty decent if you don't mind a lacquered finish (over an oiled one), or are prepared to sand them down and oil them. On the whole though, I've been pretty impressed for the money. Of course you're in the lap of the gods as to whether they suit you, spec wise. I generally have found that the balance point tends to be a little closer to the butt (15/16") than in a better made cue (like a Butters, or other well known maker, which might be more 17/18"). My Grand Emperor is better in this respect than my ordinary Grand or the Woods, but that might be a coincidence.

Gamble if you're not too concerned about the money, it might suit you, and I think they are pretty decent value for money....but there's no real substitute for trying out cues and buying the one that takes your fancy.

Comment

Welcome and good hunting

Comment

I have seen a Peradon Ascot on sale for £85 which seems great value because £130 seems the standard price for that cue. It felt good, but in the shop I seen it in you can't practice before you buy so I was a little wary

Comment

http://www.greenbaize.com/niche-cues/ Here you will find a good quality machine spliced cue to your spec with nice arrows down the shaft all for a £100

Comment

Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
              I have seen a Peradon Ascot on sale for £85 which seems great value because £130 seems the standard price for that cue. It felt good, but in the shop I seen it in you can't practice before you buy so I was a little wary
              an aquantance has an ascot, its awfull, very thick taper and butt heavy being jointed around 12" better off emailing Andrew Ramsay. Adr147@hotmail.com

Comment

Welcome to TSF. For a good cue at a decent price try either ADR147 or greenbaize as has been recommended. ADR will have used cues so you might get a good cue at a good price while greenbaize has all new cues (I believe)
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Not all of them are used Terry !!
                  If u ask ADR , you'll get a list whr u can see which cue is used an which one is new + spcs of the cue .

Comment

Working...
                  X