No announcement yet.

WTB: Snooker Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one on the end does look like it has maple splicing either side of the rosewood venner.

Sorry getting my veeners and splices the wrong way round lol.
    Last edited by george31; 13 November 2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Think it's paduak on ebony with a thin maple veneer. The eureka rep is tulipwood on ebony (9.1mm tip though) and the round butt is maple on Purple Heart.
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Any Niche cues out there guys?

Comment

Still not found a cue,so still looking

Comment

I have actually found a cue now,a Phoenix Master 3/4 with a maple shaft,should have it early next week.But its 59" with 8.5mm tip,got a feeling its going to be too long.

Comment

Is that your normal tip size for snooker George ?
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Is that your normal tip size for snooker George ?
                Yes I have mate,I bought a snooker cue from forum member garysnooker,it was a Mastercue Probutt with a tip that was around 8.5 if I remember right,What I will say its the best of every played,knocking in breaks of around thirty with regularity,and found that I didn't miscue even with my poor cueing action.So then came my mistake of thinking of moving up to a bigger tip might help no game,that didn't happen,my game has since gone to pot,and then came the miscuing from time to time.So yes for me going to a smaller tip and the slightly slimmer taper of the cue that you get from a smaller tip has not been detrimental to my game.Another point away from the norm is that ive been playing in my local pool league with a snooker cue,im unbeaten six matches in,some fortunately .Rather odd for many I suppose,I player snooker better with a pool size tip,and pool better with a snooker tip lol.

Comment

You've done well to winkle a cue out of Garry lol, maybe it's just the older ones he likes to keep hold of. You can't cue that badly if your using a tip that small for snooker, I rekon I would be putting unwanted side on every shot especially any with real pace. Best of luck with the cue.

Comment

Thanks mate,im more worried about the length being 59".I watched a short video on you tube posted by Shaun Murphy who said he's cue made for him by Parris has a 8.75mm tip.

Comment

Really, I bet there are members on here who would know all the tip sizes the pros use, the useless knowledge they know never ceases to amaze me, I would guess SM is the smallest.

Comment

I have a unclevit forward 3/4 cue for sale only used once,open for trade

Comment

Working...
                        X