Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Thanks mate.
    You're welcome mate, good luck in your search.

Comment

The point is to bring it home in me luggage, tax and shipping free.

I'm tight.

Well your loosing out doing that as a half split cue is not worth the same as a one piece. You could always do a Matt Selt go buy 10 Maximus Ultimate's half a dozen ton prams for peanuts after you brag about being a top class pro - pick his best stock then stick em in a case along with you hokey cigs and fake watches - get back home n flog the lot over here bish bash bosh - another PTC paid for in the bag n off down the bookies - awwwwright my son - luvvvvvvvley

Last edited by Byrom; 16 November 2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

The point is to bring it home in me luggage, tax and shipping free.

I'm tight.
        So you will end up with a worthless cue that plays rubbish just to save a few quid! ! What's the point? ?

Comment

Why don't you just purchase it there, then ask the makers to post it for you. Thailand speedpost to the UK isn't that expensive, but you may need to wait a bit longer. Much better than joining it or risk it in luggage. If you're too tight for shipping and tax, you shouldn't be in thailand getting a cue anyway...

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
            Why don't you just purchase it there, then ask the makers to post it for you. Thailand speedpost to the UK isn't that expensive, but you may need to wait a bit longer. Much better than joining it or risk it in luggage. If you're too tight for shipping and tax, you shouldn't be in thailand getting a cue anyway...
            It's also a point of principle. I reckon shipping & tax will be at least 70 notes on a 150 quid cue - nearly 50%!

Sod that.

Plenty better things to spend my money on in thailand.

Comment

I just got back from Thailand with six new Maximus cues and three cases.

I contacted them via their Facebook page beforehand, and took an hour taxi ride from Bangkok to visit the factory/showroom with my two teenage sons.

Spent about two hours trying lots of different cues on their table, and eventually settled on an ultimate for me, a heritage each for my boys, plus two plain ebony premiums and one legend plus for mates back home.

I also bought a matching mini butt for my ultimate and an ebony one for the boys, plus a large extension. All up, just shy of $1700 AUD...ultimate 500, legend plus 230, heritage and premiums 190, cases 50 each, extensions 60 (approx prices after a 10% discount).

Ton and his team were very friendly, he threw in a couple of tee shirts and chalk pouches and gave me a nice discount. He even negotiated for my taxi driver to wait around until we were ready to leave.

BTW,taxi was about $45 AUD return, including a tip. Was a little hard finding the factory as it is not well signed, but my taxi driver called him when we were in the area and took me right to his door. Gotta love the friendliness of the Thais!

I brought with me two large canvas tent pole bags from Australia, packed two cues in each case, into the cardboard boxes the cases came in with some bubble wrap, then into one canvas bag, zipped up and into the other. Put them through as checked luggage (with some apprehension!) and everything worked out fine. Customs back in Oz asked what was in the bag, told them truthfully and got waved through. No taxes no dramas!

I will post pics and specs when I get the chance.

Comment

Some pics

https://imageshack.com/i/p5UC0MIfj
                https://imageshack.com/i/p7jvrBZ7j
                https://imageshack.com/i/hljPSDlFj
                https://imageshack.com/i/hlToPkk0j
                https://imageshack.com/i/p3VtASIuj

Some links to some pics...haven't worked out how to upload yet, hopefully these work.

l-r. Ultimate, Legend Plus, and two Heritages
                Last edited by BiPolar Bear; 25 November 2015, 02:07 AM.

Comment

That's a bout 240 GBP for a maximus ultimate !!
                  It's a bargain . I wonder how mutch did u have to pay tax ( VAT ) in AU . ?
                  Anyway, very good deal lol . Hope u all enjoy playing with those great looking cues .

Comment

Thanks Ramon, and no, I didn't have to pay anything on arrival back in Australia. I declared them on my arrival card (as they are wood, even though I probably didn't have to) and quarantine waved me straight through after I told them what they were. Customs saw quarantine had stamped me off, asked again what was in the bag, and then straight through. No one even opened my bag.

Had a decent hit with my ultimate and my mate with his premium tonight and we are both thrilled. Absolutely beautiful cues, regardless of price, and the price was at least half of what I would pay here! So happy days all round.

Comment

Nice. Wil do it myself if i can be bothered. Amazed about customs!

Comment

Originally Posted by BiPolar Bear View Post
                        Thanks Ramon, and no, I didn't have to pay anything on arrival back in Australia. I declared them on my arrival card (as they are wood, even though I probably didn't have to) and quarantine waved me straight through after I told them what they were. Customs saw quarantine had stamped me off, asked again what was in the bag, and then straight through. No one even opened my bag.

Had a decent hit with my ultimate and my mate with his premium tonight and we are both thrilled. Absolutely beautiful cues, regardless of price, and the price was at least half of what I would pay here! So happy days all round.
                        It's a bargain . As you said , what u payed is half of what you would pay thr ,
                        Glad the cue suits your game . Maximus cues are great players .

Comment

Working...
                        X