No announcement yet.

high 3/4 ball black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been doing much the same, just playing black pink black pink black pink, as long as poss. Awesome workout for improved break building. And colours off the spots, can be boring but does enhance your game too.

Does anyone know how many times on the trot would a consistent 100 break player expect to clear the colours. I mean clearing them and when on the black pot it and gain position on the yellow to carry on. So, whats the average amount to represent that standard of player..
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

quality stuff again...

may I ask, is your table slow? If I'd hit the first shot like that on my table id be near the middle pocket!
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

J's not getting through the cue ball, bolton :snooker: .
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Thanks, I'm really enjoying these, I have been playing the shots you played in the other videos in the club and shall be doing these ones as well, good way to learn how the cue ball works and how to map the table IMO .
          Just thought of something, when you set up the White position is this just done from eye so to speak, it doesn't have a line like the high one, level with the pink then diagonally down.
          the line from the cush is parralel with the black the same as the high 3/4 black is on the same line as the pink from the cushion, then the white follows the line to the 3/4

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
            J6, fantastic. Really like your little videos. I understand where to hit the cue ball to get the position but how do you make the Black. That's my problem....LOL If I hit it a touch hard and it does not go dead center it does not go in. By far the toughest shot on my table.
            thanks les, good to hear your enjoying the vids.
            the black off the spot can be easy in practice but a bit of a nightmare in competition when you've already missed one or two. but doing the black routine really helps get to grips with all that im demonstrating

Comment

Great stuff J6 and good videos.

Fantastic to see the better players on here actually helping others instead of criticizing and telling everyone else how crap they are!

The Cues you are playing with in these are they the ones you have been making yourself and trying out etc? They seem very responsive but a lot of it also comes down to the player and you have a beautiful Cue action which helps coupled with being a much better player than most of us plebs!
              If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
                Great stuff J6 and good videos.

Fantastic to see the better players on here actually helping others instead of criticizing and telling everyone else how crap they are!

The Cues you are playing with in these are they the ones you have been making yourself and trying out etc? They seem very responsive but a lot of it also comes down to the player and you have a beautiful Cue action which helps coupled with being a much better player than most of us plebs!
                glad your enjoying the vids chappy,
                the cue im using in the these cips is my playing cue. its a club cue i picked out of a box of 50, i went on to work on it ,and it turn out quite well. i willhave some nice cues coming through within a few weeks so keepan eye on cue stories
                as for my play well im very critial so im the wrong person to complement,my timing ,balance,tempo is all out..anyway say tuned cus i think youll like the next video
                thanks and play well

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  glad your enjoying the vids chappy,
                  the cue im using in the these cips is my playing cue. its a club cue i picked out of a box of 50, i went on to work on it ,and it turn out quite well. i willhave some nice cues coming through within a few weeks so keepan eye on cue stories
                  as for my play well im very critial so im the wrong person to complement,my timing ,balance,tempo is all out..anyway say tuned cus i think youll like the next video
                  thanks and play well

No probs and look forward to it mate.
                  If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

P
                    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    one of if not the most important shot to understand in the scoring zone, from each side of the table
                    master this and you change the trajectory of your game

High on the black is a 1/4 ball shot surely 😜

Comment

A quarter ball is when a quarter of the white covers a quarter of the OB.

Comment

2000px-Snooker_table_drawing_2.svg.png

Had a very slow day at work. Am I seeing this right?

Comment

interresting graphics man, whats going on here then?

Originally Posted by birkirhlyns View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]18167[/ATTACH]

Comment

Guess Im seeing this completly wrong? Is the whole grid between black and pink 3/4 quarter?

Comment

Originally Posted by birkirhlyns View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]18167[/ATTACH]

i don't think so, angles don't change in boxes like that, would be more like a fan going out from the black.

Comment

this might help a bit http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ght=table+grid

Comment

Working...
                                X